Discussion topic: Sky stream no subtitles

This message was authored by jessen This message was authored by: jessen

Re: Sky stream no subtitles

Just found this discussion so probably too late to get an answer but I don't understand why I can watch eg Elementary on Alibi with subtitles but there are no subtitles on the stream. Obviously the subtitles exist, they've been made, so the money has been spent, so why can't they be simply transferred over?

This message was authored by RobH72 This message was authored by: RobH72

Hi there i had issues when i first haf sky stream, i had to hard reset it then reboot it and refresh apps then put subtitles back then the subtitles returned, it does happen occasionly that subtitles disapear, best thing to to unplug sky stream from mains leave it for 10 seconds then try again 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jessen I don't know if this is relevant to your particular subtitle situation but be aware that you need to set subtitles in whatever app you are using.  The subtitle option within the Sky settings refers to Sky content and not the apps.

Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

@Fothergill1 

@RobH72 

Thank you both for your replies. May I ask, I'm watching Sky on my TV - I don't have a mobile phone (I'm very old) and don't understand about the apps. could you clarify?

I've also found that when I rent films from Sky Store there are ssubtitles, but when I buy thesame film there are none. Is it the same problem? 

Maybe I should just get a hearing aid!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Hi @jessen @sorry for the late reply. I am in the USA at the moment returning to UK tomorrow IT glitches permitting 🤞.  If you go to your puck homepage by pressing the home button you will see various rails. One of them will the the Apps rail which will include the BBC iPlayer, ITVX Ch 4, My 5 and many others (most of which I have never used). These are the apps being referred to.  Each one will have its own subtitle settings. 

good luck. 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

That is true with paramount, netflex, bbc i player , itv x and other apps you have to physically set up the subtitles for each app, its daft really but thats how it is

@Fothergill1 

@RobH72 

How kind of you both. I have now learned about pucks (I have a Sky+ HD) and am now in the process of buying one and getting it set up. Apps and subtitles, here I come!

Thanks again for your help.

Jessen

This message was authored by TonyR1 This message was authored by: TonyR1

Hi. I have done the factory reset. I get subtitles in HD but not on UHD on some programmes such as Game of Thrones and  few other Sky programmes. Why is this?

I have the same issue its very annoying, i had to change my stream settingd to HD so i get the subtitles if left on Auto HD/ 4K setting it selects 4K automatically to stop this is tibchsnge the stream resolution to HD to get the subtitles its very annoying sky needs to sort this out!

This message was authored by Kpkp1 This message was authored by: Kpkp1

Hello, Do subtitles work on sky glass sky stream catch up tv? 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Kpkp1 wrote:

Hello, Do subtitles work on sky glass sky stream catch up tv? 

Yes subtitles do work if the show has subtitles provided.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion