Discussion topic: Sky stream batteries leaking and ruined remotes

This message was authored by Zoe8439 This message was authored by: Zoe8439

Sky stream batteries leaking and ruined remotes

3 of my Sky Stream remotes started playing up and when we took off the backs, one was wet and 2 had all white inside of them. We quickly realised this was battery acid! Now my remotes are not working! No one available at Sky even though I was on the phone before 9pm. Will these be replaced as this is clearly an issue with the remotes/batteries. Anyone else had this problem? We only got our pucks in August this year! Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky stream batteries leaking and ruined remotes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zoe8439 Over the last couple of months there have been numerous posts concerning the remote batteries leaking.

There is now an online form for requesting replacement remotes which saves you having to phone but seeing as you need more than I would order one online just to get the ball rolling and then call them to explain the issue (just my thought and how I would do it).

The request form is at the following link: Streaming TV replacement remote  (if you sign into your My Sky account first the form will be partly completed with some of your relevant details).

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion