Discussion topic: Sky stream after holiday

This message was authored by StephenGlasgow This message was authored by: StephenGlasgow

Sky stream after holiday

Hi I recently went on holiday and switched off at the mains my Sky Stream pucks

After returning two weeks later I had to go through the whole process of setting up the Sky Stream pucks including connecting to broadband, pairing remotes, software updating etc.. which took an enormous amount of time.

Is this correct when the puck has been switched off for this period of time, and if so is there a way to get around this?

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316 Answer

Re: Sky stream after holiday

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StephenGlasgow wrote:

After returning two weeks later I had to go through the whole process of setting up the Sky Stream pucks including connecting to broadband, pairing remotes, software updating etc.. which took an enormous amount of time.

Is this correct when the puck has been switched off for this period of time, and if so is there a way to get around this?

Thanks

There was an issue last weekend which affected many users where the pucks and glass had to be almost factory reset .

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133

I very much doubt that there would have been any way to have avoided this.  Your pucks would have still been on the "faulty" software which would not have allowed them to boot when you restored the power.

This message was authored by martswain This message was authored by: martswain

I've left my puck off for 90 days on 3 occasions during which time I was not subscribing to the service and when powered on it connected straight away and even performed updates to its own softare and apps before I called Sky get my subscription restarted.

Ypu might have just been unlucky with the recent software glitches.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StephenGlasgow wrote:

Thanks

There was an issue last weekend which affected many users where the pucks and glass had to be almost factory reset .

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion