Discussion topic: Sky puck turns off after a while

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Sky puck turns off after a while

I sometimes turn on the puck then after a while it turns off but if  I go in the kitchen and I see it's  off I don't know if it's down to power savings because I don't see the top message then I switched it back on then after 839 it will tell you its going off because I seen the message must be a power saving thing  no reason why it should start to shut down 

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Sky puck turns off after a while

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If it's idle it will shut off after 10 minutes. This would be if you have left it on the Home Screen, paused a live TV channel or paused content running from Skys servers (e.g a cloud recording on Skys on-demand section). Typically the grace period is longer when idle in an app (I don't believe Sky can tell whether or not you are "active" inside an app). 

It will also power off if you just leave it running playing content and you don't press a button or pick up the remote for a few hours.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If it's idle it will shut off after 10 minutes. This would be if you have left it on the Home Screen, paused a live TV channel or paused content running from Skys servers (e.g a cloud recording on Skys on-demand section). Typically the grace period is longer when idle in an app (I don't believe Sky can tell whether or not you are "active" inside an app). 

It will also power off if you just leave it running playing content and you don't press a button or pick up the remote for a few hours.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

But sometimes the white led under the puck is still lit and other times its not there I've noticed that oh well it's sussed now thanks for that info @MarkGoldsmith makes sense now 

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

But if it switches off and the white light is still showing there is no picture apart from a blue screen so I don't get to see anything I always look at the puck to see if it's online or not 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion