Discussion topic: Sky puck stuck on software download

This message was authored by FR432612288GB. This message was authored by: FR432612288GB.

Sky puck stuck on software download

Sky puk seems to be stuck on software download loop.. you follow the steps then it pops up with software error with qr code. It seems to be just one puk everything thing else is ok. Tried online steps still nothing??

Moderator note: subject of thread updated

Best Answers
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316 Answer

Re: Sky stream - updating software

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If what @Tim+Adams  doesnt solve it try going through the setup with the puck hardwired via Ethernet cable direct to your router 

once setup you can revert to WiFi 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Sky puk stuck on software download

Hi @FR432612288GB. 

Try the following,

Switch off the Stream at socket then Keeping your finger on the button(on the stream not the remote), switch the power back on at the mains and wait until you see the LED lights flash different colours, then remove your finger.

Let the Sky Stream puck complete the recovery process. This can take up to 15 minutes, depending on your broadband speed.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Cesca1184 This message was authored by: Cesca1184

Sky stream - updating software

Hi, having received my sky puck a few days ago, we waiting for our new tv to arrive before plugging it in. However after following the step by step instructions it has been now  stuck on 0% during a software update 

Hi @Cesca1184 

Have you switched it off at the socket and then back on and tried again?

Thanks,

Tim

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316 Answer

If what @Tim+Adams  doesnt solve it try going through the setup with the puck hardwired via Ethernet cable direct to your router 

once setup you can revert to WiFi 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Beef999 This message was authored by: Beef999

Re: Sky puk stuck on software download

This actually worked! 

Re: Sky puck stuck on software download

Great to hear @Beef999 

Thanks,

Tim

This message was authored by Maguire56 This message was authored by: Maguire56

Updating software 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Maguire56 wrote:

Updating software 

If it's stuck on that message just turn the puck off at the wall for a minute then power it back on. It should update the second time. If it doesn't you'll need to try a factory reset by holding in the button on the underside of the puck whilst you turn it on at the wall. If that fails then you'll have to ring Sky for further troubleshooting and a possible replacement puck. 

This message was authored by jay84edw This message was authored by: jay84edw

my sky puck keeps saying connecting then after about 15 mins it goes to software error message i have tried wifi / hard wired set up unplugged both router and puck , been trying to  a few hours and still nothing cause earlier no channels were working so reset puck now i cannot update it at all i tried all i seen online and still nothing at all ?

This message was authored by QuaysGary This message was authored by: QuaysGary

@jay84edw Im having the same problem today with 2 pucks ! Let me know if you find a solution. Ive been on to sky customer service and they are going to send me a new puck but i cant help feeling there is a bigger problem here. I am constantly having to reset my pucks as Icant get any live channels but my connection is fine as evidenced through netflix. I have already had one of my pucks replaced. i cant bring myself to believe that I have 3 faulty pucks in total over a space of 5 months but that Im just really really unlucky!

Your lucky at least they sending you a replacement I contacted them and nothing , no help at all ?? Yeah I constantly have to reset as loss of channels and I have fast fibre optic broadband so it not my connection in anyway I'll let you know if it re connects I'll just keep trying I guess , and I'll still have to pay sky for channels I'll have to watch on my phone , tbh not happy at all but nothing I can do , I contacted sky they didn't help at all 

This message was authored by QuaysGary This message was authored by: QuaysGary

@jay84edw Id phone them back and demand a new puck. TBF the  few times Ive phoned customer service they have at least been quite helpful although I dont think they are being honest about the scale of the problem. they cant just abandon you - they should take you through some steps (which no doubt you have already done) and once that fails they should offer to at least send out a new puck

This message was authored by Ifu03440 This message was authored by: Ifu03440

Is your broadband provider hyperoptic by any chance? 

I'm having same issue tonight. 

Yes it is surely that's not the issue as I can watch YouTube laptop and BBC iPlayer and stuff so broadband working fine for streaming 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion