Discussion topic: Sky puck activation

This message was authored by Sambott41 This message was authored by: Sambott41

Sky puck activation

The sky stream puck was delivered today and i have read (and been told) that i have 14 days to activate it from the day of delivery BUT sky broadband will be turned on/activsted on the 15th day. I do not have broadband now.

Will this cause a problem ?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky puck activation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sambott41 

Stream (and Glass) doesn't require Sky broadband: fast-enough service from any fixed line ISP and most cellular providers will work.

Unfortunately Sky don't make it clear that while Glass/Stream hardware can be delivered 'next day', broadband provisioning has a completely different timescale.

Note that the ' 14 days to activate it from the day of delivery ' is just the maximum time period before it's auto-activated by Sky anyway.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by UnrealityTV This message was authored by: UnrealityTV

Re: Sky puck activation

@Sambott41 wrote:

The sky stream puck was delivered today and i have read (and been told) that i have 14 days to activate it from the day of delivery BUT sky broadband will be turned on/activsted on the 15th day. I do not have broadband now.

Will this cause a problem ?

It shouldn't do. It just means your billing cycle will activate automatically after 14days so you'll be paying for a day that you can't actually use the puck.

You can of course activate it by using a wifi hotspot from your mobile phone if you have the capability. If you have a fast and stable 4G or 5G mobile data plan then this can work as a temporary means of accessing the service and activating the puck. You can then switch it to your new broadband connection once it's up and running. 

Beware that it will chew through your data allowance pretty quickly so only worth doing if you have an unlimited data plan on your mobile phone. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion