Discussion topic: Sky Stream sync

This message was authored by EJK This message was authored by: EJK

Sky Stream sync

We have fast fibre broadband and line in Jersey Channel Islands so broadband is provided locally. We have two issues with our Sky Stream

- The lip sync has a terrible delay.

- when opening Netflix we get audio and no picture and have to unplug the puck one or two times and wait for the whole thing to reboot and hope it opens correctly. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Sky Stream sync

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @EJK .  I am also in Jersey and we are very lucky to have fast AND stable broadband.

The lip sync issue has been ongoing for a few months and Sky are working to find a permanent solution.  They recommend as a temporary fix that you change your audio settings to PCM or Passthrough (see Settings > Picture & Sound > Sound > Digital Audio Output HDMI).  My lip Sync issue was resolved by the last update (QS028) but this has not not been the case for everyone.

With regards to your Netflix issue have a look at the following link to see if there is anything to help you: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/95  The problem appears to be related to HDMI but is not something I have experienced.

You could also search this forum using the search box at the top of this screen.  I have seen others complaining about the same problem.  Here is just one thread relating to sound with no picture.

Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @EJK .  I am also in Jersey and we are very lucky to have fast AND stable broadband.

The lip sync issue has been ongoing for a few months and Sky are working to find a permanent solution.  They recommend as a temporary fix that you change your audio settings to PCM or Passthrough (see Settings > Picture & Sound > Sound > Digital Audio Output HDMI).  My lip Sync issue was resolved by the last update (QS028) but this has not not been the case for everyone.

With regards to your Netflix issue have a look at the following link to see if there is anything to help you: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/95  The problem appears to be related to HDMI but is not something I have experienced.

You could also search this forum using the search box at the top of this screen.  I have seen others complaining about the same problem.  Here is just one thread relating to sound with no picture.

Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
EJK
Topic Author
This message was authored by EJK This message was authored by: EJK

@Fothergill1 

Hi thank you very much for the great advice. It is so annoying that this is obviously a known problem. For the audio synce issues using Settings at the bottom of the Home Screen the advisor suggested we settings/audio/ changed the Audio to 400ms, it improved but didn't resolve it. He then suggested a change away from HDMI settings/sound/ select option away from HDMI to, is it RS Or PSM as suggested by you and it worked after a few refreshes .
For Netflix issue he suggested we change the HDMI cable to see if that would fix the  audio no visual issue on opening,, it didn't. So we did the usual unplug, re boot, select updates etc. Eventually he did something his end after we were also told to unplug etc and he has said we need a new PUC , which required form filling and a doorstep swap whenever it gets out for delivery to our beautiful island! 

As usual SKY transferred the account to Stream, I was happy with my SkyQ box! It's so difficult to contact them, that this issue has been going on for months and I had to work up the patience and find the stamina in order to call them! Today I got away with only two calls to them the longest being 1 hour 10 mins 🤯

Thank you for your gratefully received advice! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion