Discussion topic: Sky Stream puck disconnection issues

This message was authored by DWM99 This message was authored by: DWM99

Sky Stream puck disconnection issues

Have Sky updated puck recently ? All of a sudden every time my puck comes out of standby (which we all know it goes into way too quickly but that's another issue) it seems to lose internet connection and reset connection settings. I have it connected via Ethernet and turned Wi-Fi off but when it restarts Wi-Fi is back in and it says it can't get connected yet looking at the router it shows as connected and up address allocated.

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Stream puck disconnection issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DWM99 Check the Settings / Start up & standby menu and make sure the Networked Standby Mode is turned ON.  This should keep your puck connected to the network when it goes into standby.

We have Sky glass and we had the same problem as you every morning when we first turned the TV on and doing the above resolved it 😀.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
DWM99
Topic Author

Sorry for delay but still have same intermittent problem - have tried every combination of settings and router settings but still does it - ready to give up on Sky as only solution is to reboot the access point which takes 5 minutes to reconnect to mesh.

one thing I did notice is that when disconnected it shows. 192.xxxxx IP but my home network is 10.xxxxx .

DWM99
Topic Author

And just also noticed when I connect on Wi-Fi it still shows as Network Name "Ethernet" even though cable is physically unplugged !

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion