Discussion topic: Sky Stream puck - Sky Sports UHD problems

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

Re: Sky Stream puck - Sky Sports UHD problems

@BKW52 

BT Sports Ultimate Channel live broadcast on Sky Glass/Sky Stream 

I only had freezing happen once on a Saturday 12.30 PM Premier league live broadcast a few months ago

The other Saturday 12.30 PM Premier League matches on BT Sports Ultimate not had any freezing 

Champions League not had any freezing happen on BT Sports Ultimate Channel on Sky Glass/Sky Stream

It's mostly with Sky Sports Premier League matches in UHD that freezing happens it will vary in regards to Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon matches 

I also  had some Premier league live games on Sky Sports Main Event UHD not have freezing 

BT Sports UHD broadcasts is not really a issue on Sky Glass/Sky Stream

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Sports Golf Players Day 1 seems to be recording as i am able to watch from the start i know event is still on but that will do me for certain.

This message was authored by hybridnotts1 This message was authored by: hybridnotts1

The BT sport streams are all awful tonight while trying to watch the Europa League. Doesn't seem to matter if it's hd or UHD, the picture freezes constantly.

I never see this issue on any other streams, from sky, apple, netflix, Amazon etc... It's only on the sky sports, and by sports streams

This message was authored by hybridnotts1 This message was authored by: hybridnotts1

Just tried watching from the start and have the same issues there so it's not just the live stream, it seems to be the source file is just bad

This message was authored by gszab1 This message was authored by: gszab1

@hybridnotts1 

All BT Sport channels (Ultimate too) are fine here now. Strange.

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@gszab1 

Probably just a glitch between BT and Sky Servers.

This message was authored by BRG268 This message was authored by: BRG268

Funnily enough the issues are back on ME UHD today during the Fulham Arsenal game.

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

@BRG268 

Just watched that game and it was flawless.

Yeah mine was flawless after about 18-20 mins.

But at least it seems like they're working on it.

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

@BRG268 

18-20 mins, was that when they lost the commentators feed? 

A couple mins before that. The first 15 mins or so had audio cut outs and a downgrade in picture quality (like when YouTube plays lower res video just to keep continuity before stabilising again) periodically.

After about 20 mins it was seamless.

This message was authored by BKW52 This message was authored by: BKW52

Did anyone else just suffer stream break right at the end of the first half of Newcastle vs Wolves - so into the 10 second or so buffering loop until change channel and back again. 

Those of you with a perfect streaming service, it's nice of you to tell us, but it's not necessary please.....

Mine has been smooth since the first 15-20 mins of the earlier game.

There was a brief moment where audio was fine but the video seemed to go back a couple of seconds and then accelerate (like a fast forward) back to live but no issues other than that.

This message was authored by daviEnnis This message was authored by: daviEnnis

I have similar issues. BT Sport Ultra/UHD stutters a lot, sometimes catches up with itself, sometimes freezes video whilst audio continues. It's happened sometimes on Sky Sports UHD, but not as often.

Wired connection. 500mb connection. When I test it whilst stuttering is happening it shows no problems. I use netflix to speed test through sky stream and it's excellent. I also stream other live events on UHD through services like Amazon prime and have never had an issue. 

It definitely seems like there's something not right with Stream and Live Sport Content in UHD. Not sure if it's infra, it's hugely sensitive to small packet loss, or what it is... But it doesn't seem to correlate with speed and relative stability of my internet connection. 

@daviEnnis 

it's definetly very sensitive to packet loss i think which is why it is far better on Ethernet.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion