Discussion topic: Sky Stream puck - Sky Sports UHD problems

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

Re: Sky Stream puck - Sky Sports UHD problems

@SteRob87 

As you switched off 

7-0 result 

Record victory by Liverpool v Manchester United 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Only had a freezing issue when Liverpool scored their first goal

Did not have any freezing issue after that 

Must have been due to Man United supporters turning off their TV's 🤣

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul+Boland 

i don't even watch football and have to wonder how a team lets in 7 goals were they not playing lol.

This message was authored by NJTaylor94 This message was authored by: NJTaylor94

@KevNewMedia What was the result of this investigation?

I had the same problem yesterday during the Bahrain F1 and Liverpool vs Man United game. However, when I am watching Last of Us in UHD, I have no problems. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@NJTaylor94. It's only a guess but I suspect it has something to do with the huge number of people tuned into the specific UHD sport broadcasts at the same time.  Like you I only have stuttering / freezing whilst watching popular sporting events.  I'm more than happy that it is not my Glass TV.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

Could someone try James May our Man in Italy on Amazon prime please and see if you get periodic blurring or the backlight pulsing the picture.

My other apps are ok and I've not had a chance to test anything else yet.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Red+Silence I'll have a look for you and will revert after I have given it a 15 minute trial.  I will watch the most recent episode.

@Red+Silence wrote:

Could someone try James May our Man in Italy on Amazon prime please and see if you get periodic blurring or the backlight pulsing the picture.

My other apps are ok and I've not had a chance to test anything else yet.

@Red+Silence You will be pleased to know that it is not your Sky Glass / Stream.  I think it is just bad camera work as without doubt it does slightly lose focus on occasions.  As far as the back lighting goes the picture does appear to be washed out when there is a lot of white on the screen (I also found this with F1 in UHD).

It's a very interesting programme 😀

This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

Thanks. That was driving me potty!

This message was authored by Melancholic This message was authored by: Melancholic

Have to say, having recently had my own criticisms of UHD on Stream, I was able to watch the game last night without any dropouts of either sound or picture, and the picture quality was spot on throughout. This was via wi-fi too, on a box three rooms away from the router.

Fingers crossed this is a positive sign of things to come.

———————————————————————————

If I’ve helped today, give me a like.

Sky Stream and whole home.
This message was authored by gszab1 This message was authored by: gszab1

All UHD channels are flowless to me too since last week. Fingers crossed.

This message was authored by gszab1 This message was authored by: gszab1

Sry, flawless

This message was authored by Carnoch04 This message was authored by: Carnoch04

I cancelled sports and uhd early on as I was not impressed with the picture at all. I recently returned to sports and was offered two months free uhd/atmos. The picture on the football tonight is stupendous! Something has obviously changed in the last few months. 

This message was authored by BKW52 This message was authored by: BKW52

This is obviously a technical issue Sky's end. As I said on my own thread on the issue, I have cancelled my BT sport subscription with sky stream and now subscribe direct to BT sport and watch on their app. I have just watched the first half of the Chelsea vs BD game on the BT app ultimate live channel with literally zero buffering and a flawless beautiful 4k stream and picture. Out of interest, in the last 6 days of my BT sub, I just started the second half on BT ultimate on sky stream and it was buffering and freezing within 10 minutes. And the picture with the BT app was far richer. For me that's as conclusive as possible on where the fault lies! I think I'll probably cancel my sky stream sports package too and just go back to Now with 50 FPS hd boost - much cheaper - until Sky fix the issue. Given the absence of real competition, the Sky corporate business culture means the company will only ever sit up and take notice when their bottom line is taking a hit. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@BKW52 I have no problems at all with BT Ultimate or Sky UHD on Sky stream.  

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Sky Sports UHD HDR is fine for me live good picture quality

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion