Discussion topic: Sky Stream puck - Sky Sports UHD problems

This message was authored by Nigellll This message was authored by: Nigellll

Re: Sky Stream puck - Sky Sports UHD problems

Is this the Build version?  Mine's QS015.006.00P

This message was authored by BRG268 This message was authored by: BRG268

On Wi-Fi and IP061-ef

This message was authored by ManxWraith This message was authored by: ManxWraith

Tried both Wi-Fi and Ethernet, along with all the settings you've recommended. Not once had any luck and the issue has happened on all settings.

Sky wouldn't acknowledge this or the fact it may be a faulty puck and closed the ticket. Hence why I've cancelled.

That's odd. They replaced both my pucks. Guess it comes down to the willingness of the representative to listen.

This message was authored by ManxWraith This message was authored by: ManxWraith

Should also mention, on Sky Utrafast. Minimal device usage on others when watching 

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@ManxWraith 

What type of broadband do you have

Fibre/landline/mobile 

What's the ISP and broadband package as in download and upload speed from PC to Router Wired 

How many devices in your home are using your broadband connection same time when using Sky Glass/Sky Stream

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks

See above. The broadband package and Wi-Fi/network setup in my home are not the problem. 

This message was authored by hybridnotts1 This message was authored by: hybridnotts1

Pausing and running 30 seconds behind is the only way I can get a stable stream on any of the sky sports channels today. UHD and HD both suffering the same issues despite speed tests showing plenty of available bandwidth.

I even tried rebooting the modem and the WiFi routers, in addition to the stream puck but none of it made any difference.

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@ManxWraith 

You not mentioned what download and upload speed you get from PC Wired to router with your broadband provider 

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks

I'm not on Sky broadband and using a Google Wi-Fi mesh system.

Dont believe it's a Wi-Fi issue but rather a hardware issue. My guess from having read about these devices are that the RAM on them can be faulty causing the issue of missing bits of live broadcasts with higher data throughput.

150mbps down and 30 up on Wi-Fi and wired. 

This seems the most obvious issue. Lot of processing power needed for 4k and if these devices are close to the limit this isn't something that's fixed overnight 

This message was authored by Geayson This message was authored by: Geayson

Sky sports UHD on glass

Liverpool and Manchester United game having issues with picture stalling and then randomly fast forwarding to catch up 

Sky Glass 65” Ocean Blue - Whole Home - 2 puck - Full Package

Sky Broadband Ultrafast Plus with WiFi Max

D4705116-E8A4-4EB4-98DC-914486F0DB39.png

Just took this now whilst streaming for reference @Paul+Boland . Same room as the puck and whilst doing this test it didn't stutter/skip/freeze. 

@ManxWraith 

dont back down and get a new puck. It's most definitely a hardware issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion