Discussion topic: Sky Stream, power settings

This message was authored by Nigel19076 This message was authored by: Nigel19076

Sky Stream, power settings

My Stream Puck is forever asking me to lift the remote or it will go into Standby, there seems to be no pattern to it. Sometimes after 20 minutes, and then, every hour or so.

Has anyone found a way to turn it off?

Tim

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Sky Stream, power settings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can't turn it off, thats the in-built power saving that Comcast have built into the product in order to comply with various local and regional power saving regulations, although it certainly shouldnt be random.

If the device is left idle, i/e paused then the warning comes up after 10 minutes. However if something is actively playing it should be a couple of hours before you are prompted to pick up the remote or press a button on it

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

You can't turn it off, thats the in-built power saving that Comcast have built into the product in order to comply with various local and regional power saving regulations, although it certainly shouldnt be random.

If the device is left idle, i/e paused then the warning comes up after 10 minutes. However if something is actively playing it should be a couple of hours before you are prompted to pick up the remote or press a button on it

NOT a Sky Employee

Nigel19076
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nigel19076 This message was authored by: Nigel19076

It came up three times during Spains Euro victory, on Sunday, night. If I can't do anything about it, so be it.

Tim
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Are you saying the prompt is appearing every 60 mins on your Puck?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Nigel19076 wrote:

It came up three times during Spains Euro victory, on Sunday, night. If I can't do anything about it, so be it.

That sounds like a defected puck in that case. It typically a couple of hours when something is actively playing before the message comes up so if you can't get through one half of football then something is wrong with the puck. I can watch an entire game, including the half time nonsense, without having to press a button or pick up my remote.

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion