Discussion topic: Sky Stream - Watch from the start - issues

This message was authored by TechMaster This message was authored by: TechMaster

Sky Stream - Watch from the start - issues

I've noticed recently (since latest update) that when I use the "Watch from the start" feature on live tv, the fast forward doesnt work well anymore, I used to be able to go straight to x30 fast forward and it would work fine, now it sometime works or it just pausing, flicking through to x6 or x12 etc back and forth until one of them works.

Anyone else have this issue or just me, used to work fine up until recently.

All Replies

This message was authored by D+Hig This message was authored by: D+Hig

Re: Sky Stream - Watch from the start - issues

Same here too, I thought it was just me. Sometimes the playlist doesn't update either for live sports to rewatch 

This message was authored by TerryH1982 This message was authored by: TerryH1982

Yep I'm experiencing this issue has well. It's very buggy.  Hopefully picked up on the next release, we hope!

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Fast forward and rewind has never worked well on any content from Sky channels for me. Documentaries, Sky Atlantic, Sky Max, etc - all are impossible to skip through without having to revert to the flaky voice control which maybe works 50% of the time. Not good enough. 

Definitely not good enough, especially since the latest update too

TechMaster
Topic Author
This message was authored by TechMaster This message was authored by: TechMaster

Glad it isnt just me then, the problem yesterday was watching for example ITV "Watch from the start" , so it wasnt playing back from the ITVX player (that's a whole other story), I guess it was playing back from Sky's cloud recording. 

Like i said it's been all fine up until the last update .

I've noticed it says waiting for your programme to start especially on live TV or there is a technical fault. So it can be very annoying and it means rebooting the puck

This message was authored by Phoenixuk This message was authored by: Phoenixuk

I'm not even getting the option to watch from the start usually. The bad system becomes worse! 

This message was authored by TerryH1982 This message was authored by: TerryH1982

This has become almost unusable now. Especially Channel 4 programmes. 

the fast forward option just doesn't do anything and I'm finding I can only skip forward minute by minute. 

TechMaster
Topic Author

Yes, it's been rubbish for a number of week now,  it's very frustrating to use at the moment,  I assume Sky are aware of this?

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @TechMaster 

Have you contacted Sky to report the issue?

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
TechMaster
Topic Author

No, is there an easy way to doing that? I thought you just had to post here and hope for the best

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @TechMaster 

This is a customer to customer forum where we just help out. But I can escalate your post to Sky which means they will contact you via chat to troubleshoot.

The link below explains the escalation process.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

Sometimes it can skip forward to live when it's been paused for a bit which can be annoying if you miss an important moment 

TechMaster
Topic Author

Just to clarify to avoid any confusion/mixed messages, my issue is with the "watch from the start" feature, not fast forwarding via catchup apps like ITVX etc

Trying to fast forward x2, x6, x12 or x30 is hit and miss, sometimes nothing happens sometime only x6 works sometimes only x30 works, sometimes nothing works but continually flicking between x2,x6,x12,x30 eventually one of them will work.

I don't recall having this issue before the latest firmware update., i assume I am not the only person having this problem so will try and report it as discussed above

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion