Discussion topic: Sky Stream Remote replacement

This message was authored by jbuzza This message was authored by: jbuzza

Sky Stream Remote replacement

My Sky Stream remote totally failed at the weekend. I called Sky and after some diagnosis they agreed to send a replacement which should  hopefully be on the way. 

Should I expect to receive an email confirmation of when it is dispatched ? I haven't heard anything since the call.

Currently not able to use the service so does anyone know if it is possible to use the Sky Remote app on an Android phone as a temporary solution ? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133 Answer

Re: Sky Stream Remote replacement

@jbuzza 

I have had a few replacement remotes and did not get any notification of their dispatch.

Unfortunately there isn't a phone app that  will control the puck but if you can lay your hands on a Sky Q remote you can connect that as a stop-gap.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133 Answer

@jbuzza 

I have had a few replacement remotes and did not get any notification of their dispatch.

Unfortunately there isn't a phone app that  will control the puck but if you can lay your hands on a Sky Q remote you can connect that as a stop-gap.

jbuzza
Topic Author
This message was authored by jbuzza This message was authored by: jbuzza

I should add I just received my replacement remote so back up and running and quicker than expected !!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jbuzza I am currently waiting for a replacement remote as well 😀

While you wait for your replacement remote you can use a Sky Q remote if you have one available.

EDIT - Apologies, I see that has already been mentioned by @PSC133 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by HD93 This message was authored by: HD93

How do i contact sky does anyone have a number for replace remote?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HD93 Unfortunately this forum does not permit phone numbers and will block them but if you go to the end of the troubleshooting guide (link below) and select the No, I need more help / I'd prefer to get in touch / get in touch / call us  it will give you am 0333 number to phone.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by HD93 This message was authored by: HD93

Thank you

This message was authored by Ldown45 This message was authored by: Ldown45

Is there any other way to contact? I've called twice and been on hold for over 30 minutes both times and haven't been any to get through to anyone. 

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Ldown45 wrote:

Is there any other way to contact? I've called twice and been on hold for over 30 minutes both times and haven't been any to get through to anyone. 

I'm afraid not. Perhaps try at a different time of day when lines are less busy. 

This message was authored by SepehrSartip This message was authored by: SepehrSartip

• When I press 1 and 3 for starting after that any Button has not worked. 
This message was authored by Crystals This message was authored by: Crystals

Why are Sky living in the Stone Age! Still no app to control their puck(ing) stream hardware. 🤬

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion