Discussion topic: Extended hdmi for sky stream

This message was authored by Kimberley1991 This message was authored by: Kimberley1991

Extended hdmi for sky stream

I just recently got sky stream and we have a false wall we would like to hide the cables in however the hdmi given is not long enough, will any standard extended hdmi cable work, I seen they do sky ones but alot of the reviews were people saying this worked with sky q so I wasn't sure if this would be suitable. Any advice would be appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Extended hdmi for sky stream

@Kimberley1991 wrote:

I just recently got sky stream and we have a false wall we would like to hide the cables in however the hdmi given is not long enough, will any standard extended hdmi cable work, I seen they do sky ones but alot of the reviews were people saying this worked with sky q so I wasn't sure if this would be suitable. Any advice would be appreciated.

Any high speed HDMI cable can be used, but using one longer than 3 metres can cause issues if you are watching in UHD. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kimberley1991 

And whatever you get, test it (at UHD resolution) before it goes in the wall.

As @Mister_Dalek indicates, three metres is typically the limit for passive HDMI, but active cable is now much more reasonably priced than it used to be.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Kimberley1991  Get a certified 2.1 HDMI cable they may cost a bit more .... BUT they are more likely to meet your requirements😉

Exiled in HH
Kimberley1991
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kimberley1991 This message was authored by: Kimberley1991

Thanks very much for this advice, I will do exactly that. Thank you!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion