Discussion topic: Sky Stream Forum

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

Sky Stream Forum

It's nice to see a separate forum has been added for Stream only. This was suggested back in 2022 when the puck became available as a standalone option but for whatever reasons Sky Community managers felt it wasn't necessary. Better late than never, this move should have happened a year ago.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Re: Sky Stream Forum

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for the feedback @Floydianslip 💪

At the time, Glass greatly outweighed Stream discussions but as we build on the Glass, Stream and Live products now is definitely the right time 🙂

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Shouldn't this be the Sky Puck forum, since devices Glass and Live have their forum?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for the feedback @Floydianslip 💪

At the time, Glass greatly outweighed Stream discussions but as we build on the Glass, Stream and Live products now is definitely the right time 🙂

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Chloe-W22 Doesn't Glass use Stream.... Glass TVs and Pucks are just devices🤔

where have all the current discussions gone .... all the old discussions are at the top of the list☹️

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

@Exiled-in-HH oh nice spot, we'll get our development team to look at this!

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Exiled-in-HH  They use the same kind of software but they have always been marketed as either Glass TV or Stream pucks.

I've not seen any reference to Sky Glass Stream TV for example.  🙂

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@GD1 wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH  They use the same kind of software but they have always been marketed as either Glass TV or Stream pucks.

I've not seen any reference to Sky Glass Stream TV for example.  🙂

And certainly just looking through the posts there are examples of issues or bugs reported that only affect either Glass or Stream, so certainly makes sense have separate forums to make it easier to capture those device specific issues as well.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Is the Sky Stream service different on. Sky Glass?

Pucks for a Sky Glass subscriber Sky Glass pucks?

Pucks for a Sky Stream subscriber Sky Stream pucks?

Pucks and Glass TVs are devices🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Does anyone really care?

Sky's streaming service is probably more confusing for customers than it ever has been, regardless of what device they use it on. I'm sure threads will still cross over but at least those that don't have a Glass TV can come here for Stream puck specific queries without having to wade through endless threads about bad speakers, wall mounting, picture quality, vertical banding, etc.  

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Jones_The_Cat wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Does anyone really care?

Sky's streaming service is probably more confusing for customers than it ever has been, regardless of what device they use it on. I'm sure threads will still cross over but at least those that don't have a Glass TV can come here for Stream puck specific queries without having to wade through endless threads about bad speakers, wall mounting, picture quality, vertical banding, etc.  

Exactly my thoughts 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Well you obviously don't 🤣😂🤣

But some with a Puck might .... depending on whether ther a Sky Glass or Sky Stream subscriber🤔

Most of the TV forums are for devices..... It would explicit if there was a specific forum for Pucks😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Well you obviously don't 🤣😂🤣

Correct. 

Whilst we're on the subject of confusion, may I ask why your signature is 'Sky Store'? 

Are you actually a bot, intent on wreaking havoc across the forums, having escaped from a digital library of over-priced movies? 

No ... that's an amusing notion🙂

I just have different opinions to you... no need to feel threatened😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Just to add my two pence worth ......

remotes, UI and continue watching rails are part of both ecosystems so I would expect a number of cross over posts .....

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion