Discussion topic: Sky Stream Experience

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Sky Stream Experience

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

So I had stream arrive this morning and set it up.  It was very easy and had no issues at all. I like the home page and find it very intuitive.  I like the remote control due to it having a back light however I miss the touch remote which makes it quicker when using. The picture quality is good and I think it's slightly better than Sky Q.  I like the profiles and it will be good to have my own because my other half is always filling the recordings page with rubbish.  It's nice to be able to view UHD/HDR and Dolby Atmos content on more than one box.  So far I have not come into any problems and I'm really quite impressed, the streaming box is small which is good and I like the fact the box is more energy efficient.  Interestly I checked my connection speed to the boxes via Netflix and my speed was showing around 500mbps on all boxes.  So for the moment I'm extremely happy that I took the plunge. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

Re: Sky Stream Experience

@Dazzasky The Pucks are WiFi 6 so if you have a WiFi 6 router you get great speeds.

Dazzasky
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Re: Sky Stream Experience

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

After watching tv, I have to say how impressed I am with the picture quality. I have just watched a couple of episodes of Cobra season 3 in HLG and I thought the picture quality was excellent, much better than Sky Q.  Even the SDR channels seem superior. Stream must be streaming with a good bit rate. I just hope they don't reduce it at a later date. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion