Discussion topic: Sky Stream Activation Error

This message was authored by GauravDub This message was authored by: GauravDub

Sky Stream Activation Error

hey All,

I ordered new Sky Stream and it seems my account has not been correctively activated.

When I try to actiate the puck, I get to pin page (last 4 digits of mobile number), the system would not accept the pin. Reseting the pin (use last 4 digits of IBAN) also isnt working. I was told to unplug and plug the device and leave it on for 30 mins. After 30 mins, device took me directly to homepage, but if I open any channel it would ask me to upgrade subscription. On following steps to upgrade subscription it said you are already subscribed.

I have spoken to three different sky advisors (Wed, Thurs & Fri), have gone through troubleshooting steps multiple times and I was informed back end team needs to resolve this. Apparently there is no defined SLA for backend team, it can take anywhere between 20 mins to 2 days (I wasnt sure if I should laugh or cry). 

I repeatedly asked if there is an option to escalate and I was told there is none. 

Any suggestions on how to get around the issues?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Stream Activation Error

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GauravDub I'm afraid you'll need to wait for the support team to sort this out, there is no way to get around an account  issue.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

GauravDub
Topic Author
This message was authored by GauravDub This message was authored by: GauravDub

Re: Sky Stream Activation Error

Thanks @GD1.

i see you are customer as well, any idea how long it takes to fix the issue? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion