Discussion topic: Just received my new sky stream box - remote not working

This message was authored by Ray31 This message was authored by: Ray31

Just received my new sky stream box - remote not working

I cannot pay it my remote to the TV and I've tried new batteries too

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: Just received my new sky stream box - remote not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Ray31 

Is there power to the remote? I.e can you see the keypad light up? If so try the steps here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass

If not it could be a faulty remote. You can speak to sky customer service (we are customers here) or order a replacement online: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

Hope this helps

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Ray31
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ray31 This message was authored by: Ray31

Cannot Pair*

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Hi @Ray31 

Is there power to the remote? I.e can you see the keypad light up? If so try the steps here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass

If not it could be a faulty remote. You can speak to sky customer service (we are customers here) or order a replacement online: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

Hope this helps

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Ray31  Firstly, take the back off the remote (it can be very stiff) and check that the paper tab didn’t break when you removed it.  This is quite common and it tends to leave a bit between the batteries and the contacts.

If that didn't help have a look at the following remote troubleshooting guides

Troubleshooting guide

Remote help

You could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.  Even though it sounds an unlikely solution it has got many faulty remotes working again (including mine on two occasions).

If none of the above help then I would request a replacement at the following link: Streaming TV replacement remote 

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote while you wait for a replacement.

EDIT - Apologies @mikealanr .  I typed my post and then got distracted and forgot to click post.  When I did I saw you had already provided similar suggestions 👍

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by StephBlair91 This message was authored by: StephBlair91

absolute genius I done the cloth method and it worked ! thank you 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@StephBlair91  It sounds such an unlikely solution but in many instances it works.  As I said in my orignial post it has worked for me twice.  It might still be worth you requesting a replacement in case it happens again and twisting it doesn't work:

Streaming TV replacement remote 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion