Discussion topic: Sky Sports +

This message was authored by marshdp This message was authored by: marshdp

Sky Sports +

I'm a Sky Stream customer and can't find the answers to the following questions and your help would be appreciated:

1. Is Sky Sports + available on Sky Go?

2. I know the Sky Sports App has been upgraded so how many log ins are allowed to watch it on that platform via an iPad? Two Sky Go 'lives' are the standard feature.

Thanks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

Re: Sky Sports +

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@marshdp wrote:

Thank you.

So, including Sky Stream, one other device i.e. iPad, can log in and also watch any of the Sky Sports + matches? I say that as I don't have multi room and in old money, 2 Sky Go log ins.

Sky Stream pucks do not count as a Sky Go use login.

So you could say you have three, two for SKY ago watching and one for watching on your puck.

If you own one SkybStream  puck it gives you two Sky Go (inc Sky Sports app) devices.

Adding another puck (along with the Whole Home pack) gives you 4 Sky Go (including Sky Sports app) devices.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

The linear Sky Sports + channel is available via Sky Go, like the other Sky sports channels. 

The content provided via the additional streams must be watched via the Sky Sports App. Sky TV (Q/Stream/Glass) or NOW TV.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

The linear Sky Sports + channel is available via Sky Go, like the other Sky sports channels. 

The content provided via the additional streams must be watched via the Sky Sports App. Sky TV (Q/Stream/Glass) or NOW TV.

Or via mobile (phone/tablet only)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@marshdp wrote:

2. I know the Sky Sports App has been upgraded so how many log ins are allowed to watch it on that platform via an iPad? Two Sky Go 'lives' are the standard feature.

Your logins share out between the two apps when viewing live channel content.

So watching a live stream on a device running Sky Sports app is like watching Sky go on that device.

Depends on your pack offering;

• On Sky Go offering you can stream on 2 devices at a time.
  • On Sky Go extra offering you can stream on 4 devices at a time.

If 2 devices offering, you could watch Sky Go on one device and Sky Sports app on one other device at the same time.

If 4 devices offering, you could watch on three devices with Sky Go and one  on Sky Sports app or three on Sky Sports app and one on Sky Go, or a similar mixture.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
marshdp
Topic Author

Thank you.

So, including Sky Stream, one other device i.e. iPad, can log in and also watch any of the Sky Sports + matches? I say that as I don't have multi room and in old money, 2 Sky Go log ins.

@marshdp wrote:

Thank you.

@marshdp  yes that's correct 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

marshdp
Topic Author

Thank you.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

@marshdp wrote:

Thank you.

Sky Stream pucks do not count as a Sky Go use login.

So you could say you have three, two for SKY ago watching and one for watching on your puck.

If you own one SkybStream  puck it gives you two Sky Go (inc Sky Sports app) devices.

Adding another puck (along with the Whole Home pack) gives you 4 Sky Go (including Sky Sports app) devices.

- - - - - - - -
marshdp
Topic Author

Thank you. I understand  that. 

I was seeking clarity on watching Sky Sports + on Sky Stream (puck) and how many iPad devices can be used to watch Sky Sports +. Does the puck count as a log in and so mean I only have one other iPad log in or do I still have 2? 

@marshdp  As per @lettice  first line of post 8 the stream puck does not count against the number of sky go logins

marshdp
Topic Author

I know I'm the issue here and understand the Sky Go rules. I'm referring to logging into the Sky Sports + app via an iPad. Not Sky Go.

@marshdp the same rules as sky go apply to all sky apps on phones and tablets not just sky go 

marshdp
Topic Author

Perfect, thank you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion