Discussion topic: Sky Sports Tennis Picture pauses then runs fast

This message was authored by Rich108 This message was authored by: Rich108

Sky Sports Tennis Picture pauses then runs fast

Watching Sky Sports Tennis. Picture pauses, sound continues then picture unpauses an in effect runs very fast until it catches up with the sound again. Both then play in sync. Happens frequently and seems random. Not our Internet- 250meg and ethernet connected. Terrible for a company charging over 6 times as much as previous tennis sports provider.

Best Answers
Rich108
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rich108 This message was authored by: Rich108 Answer

Re: Sky Sports Tennis Picture pauses then runs fast

SOLUTION

Sky puck has programming issue.

When upgrades it defaults to wifi rven with ethernet connected.  To force it back to Ethernet go to 

Home  scroll to bottom

Settings

Wifi

Advanced settings

Turn WiFi off.

Also if on WiFi and Puck close to Router it cannot cope!!

Basically lazy programming from engineers.  Why they hide the solution is beyond me but must have terrible fear of admitting they have issues!!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Dapo This message was authored by: Dapo

Yes. I am having the same problem. This only happens on sky sports+ when watching US open tennis. I will see if it occurs on the league cup matches tonight.

Rich108
Topic Author

Thank you. I managed to log it as a fault via the customer services phone number but don't have much hope as we've seen the issue for other tournaments.
This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

It's doing it on the football too, it's done it one every single event I've watched so far,the service is simply not fit for purpose

It's simply nowhere near as robust as it needs to be, paying a premium for this is outright disgraceful

Remind me why I am paying for a service that simply doesn't work as it should ? 

Rich108
Topic Author

Yes its dreadful.   They make it so difficult to report anything too!  

Now we've been bumped out of a match several timea back to the guide.

Are you using a Stream Puck?  

Someone on facebook said the tv gives the problem but their ipad doesn't

This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

@Rich108 Yes,it's had issues from day one, it's awful

Bought primarily for football and have yet to watch a single match without issues

Tried the sport plus service again last night and it was unwatchable, skipping, freezing, super speed, rinse and repeat 

I'm giving them one more month to act and fix or I shall be leaving within my contract completely penalty free

I would love to see them try and claim this is an acceptable service 

Rich108
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rich108 This message was authored by: Rich108 Answer

SOLUTION

Sky puck has programming issue.

When upgrades it defaults to wifi rven with ethernet connected.  To force it back to Ethernet go to 

Home  scroll to bottom

Settings

Wifi

Advanced settings

Turn WiFi off.

Also if on WiFi and Puck close to Router it cannot cope!!

Basically lazy programming from engineers.  Why they hide the solution is beyond me but must have terrible fear of admitting they have issues!!

This message was authored by TechMaster This message was authored by: TechMaster

Same problem with tennis, I will check the network settings mentoned as mine is hard wired via a powerline adapter

@Rich108 If only that indeed was the fix, it isn't though

I'm hard wired to the Puck, wi-fi is off, Sky sports and the Sports plus service are unwatchable at times and they always always have issues

I didn't see a single event on either of them where there wasn't issues

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion