Discussion topic: Sky Puck

This message was authored by HazyElvis This message was authored by: HazyElvis

Sky Puck

Just got this New Sky Puck.

Sky never mentioned it doesn't come with a recording feature.

What a joke.

Would rather my Sky Q box back now.

Used the recording feature alot.

Feel cheated.

Not at all the same experience. 

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky Puck

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @HazyElvis 

It's widely advertised that there is cloud recording in some limited circumstances or catch-up via broadcaster channels. Skys website tells you about the playlist feature etc.

If you aren't happy, you can reject it in your first 31 days and return to Sky Q. However you will need to call sky for this as we are all customers here .

Some more info on playlist: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-playlist-and-tv-guide-sky-glass

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
HazyElvis
Topic Author

Do you work for Sky by a y chance.

The Puck doesn't even have a +1 for any of its channels.

Not a Patch on the Q Box.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@HazyElvis All sky employees on this forum are clearly label as such by their username.

Its a streaming platform where all the content is available to stream and be watched as and when you like and therefore there isn't really the need for +1 channels. For example no need to watch a show on channel 4+1 as the show will likely be available on the C4 app on catch up. You also have the watch from start feature allowing you to watching any show from the start whist its being shown, again negating the need for a +1 channel.

its a completely different service from Sky Q, its not an upgrade or a downgrade, its just different. Both Sky Q and Sky Stream have their pros and cons, but the Sky streaming platform is the long term model for Sky as a company as everything moves to streaming.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@HazyElvis  no as per my post. We are mostly customers here. This is a customer helps customer forum. Sky will be able to return you to Q if you are unhappy.

Sky list the channels on Glass / Stream here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@HazyElvis wrote:

Not at all the same experience. 

Because it's not meant to be?

Stream has been around for more than two years: the absence of local storage and the arrival of the 'Playlist' feature as a supposed alternative has been widely reported and discussed.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
HazyElvis
Topic Author

Alot of knowledge makes me suspicious.

Maybe alot of BOTS on here.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@HazyElvis wrote:

Alot of knowledge makes me suspicious.

Maybe alot of BOTS on here

Why do you think that other customers wouldn't be knowledgeable of how a product works?

You should take a read of this which explains what the Sky community actually is https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Meet-the-Community/ct-p/meet-the-community

NOT a Sky Employee

Mmm that's what a spam bot would say to throw us of the scent. 😃No I'm human. Look at my profile to see my likes received, post made and length of service on the forum. I've had Glass and Stream pucks for over two years and I'm a techie who likes to help.

I'm not sure what other help you want I've advised what you need to do if you want to go back to Q and backed my posts up with links to try and help. 

I'll leave it to this:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Get-Started/bd-p/flow?step=5

"First things first, we realise you might be in a bit of an annoying predicament but try to be as nice as possible. You will be talking to other customers most of the time. Tell us what you’ve already tried and give as much information on your situation as you can.

Respond to the actual content of a post and not its tone.

Sometimes a bit of back and forth may be required to get to the bottom of a problem, be prepared for that.

Say thanks to anyone that’s helped you out. Be sure to also mark the useful post as an answer – you’ll be helping future customers.

If you see any behaviour you think is unacceptable, use the report post link at the bottom left of the message. Don’t get involved, we’ll sort it out."

MikeAlanR

---

@mikealanr I've always been intrigued by those posters who can't understand people using their spare time to help other Sky customers who may be having issues.

The ones who think we are all secretly Sky employees always makes me chuckle. 😀

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith  with the cost of living a second wage would be appreciated lol.

---

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion