Discussion topic: Signal

This message was authored by Jess20241 This message was authored by: Jess20241

Signal

Telly not loading, moutha don't match up with the words and crap signal. Need an engineer. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Signal

@Jess20241 wrote:

Telly not loading, moutha don't match up with the words and crap signal. Need an engineer. 

There are no Sky Stream engineers. You need to troubleshoot your broadband signal yourself. Try connecting via ethernet and turn WiFi off on the puck settings. 

Jess20241
Topic Author

I can't connect Ethernet because the guy put the box in bedroom upstairs and my TVs downstairs. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jess20241 wrote:

I can't connect Ethernet because the guy put the box in bedroom upstairs and my TVs downstairs. 

In that case you could try either powerline adaptors to help or purchasing a more powerful router to help boost the WiFi signal.

Worth making sure your router currently is in the best postmitiom, so it should be out in the open and not low on the floor, that may help improve its strength.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Jess20241
Topic Author

How do I go about getting one of those can I purchase through sky? 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jess20241 wrote:

How do I go about getting one of those can I purchase through sky? 

Amazon - you can get the more basic ones which are around £40, as the ethernet port on the stream puck is capped at 100 mbps.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion