Discussion topic: Screen size

This message was authored by Sparky1972 This message was authored by: Sparky1972

Screen size

I have a sky stream puck but when I watch films on sky cinema there is a black border top and bottom of screen. How do I alter screen size to full screen?

Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek Answer

Re: Screen size

@Sparky1972 wrote:

I have a sky stream puck but when I watch films on sky cinema there is a black border top and bottom of screen. How do I alter screen size to full screen?

Thanks 

You are viewing the correct aspect ratio, ie the ratio that the movie was shot in. 

If you choose to alter the image to fill your TV screen then you will either have to stretch it vertically, therefore distorting everything in it, or zooming in, losing resolution, and cutting off each side of the image, neither of which is a good thing.   

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek Answer

@Sparky1972 wrote:

Thanks 

You are viewing the correct aspect ratio, ie the ratio that the movie was shot in. 

If you choose to alter the image to fill your TV screen then you will either have to stretch it vertically, therefore distorting everything in it, or zooming in, losing resolution, and cutting off each side of the image, neither of which is a good thing.   

Sparky1972
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sparky1972 This message was authored by: Sparky1972

Thanks 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion