Discussion topic: Screen freezes during setup

This message was authored by ConorCullen This message was authored by: ConorCullen

Screen freezes during setup

During setup when I get to the point of connecting my account when I move to the next screen it freezes and the progress indicator doesn't change. I've tried on 3 separate occasions after turning off and on but doesnt get any further. 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Screen freezes during setup

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ConorCullen do you have it connected via WiFi? If so I'd suggest using an Ethernet cable and seeing if that helps it get further through the setup. It's possible it's freezing due to lack of internet connection.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

ConorCullen
Topic Author
This message was authored by ConorCullen This message was authored by: ConorCullen

My puck was right beside the router and I've a 300mb download speed so it's not a WiFi connection issue. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The puck and glass being right next to a router has also been known to cause.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

ConorCullen
Topic Author

I connected using cable and no difference

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion