Discussion topic: SKY STREAM ISSUES STARTING EVERY MORNING

This message was authored by LesleyD81 This message was authored by: LesleyD81

SKY STREAM ISSUES STARTING EVERY MORNING

Every morning my sky stream has issues starting up. Its set to stay connected in standby and not overningt power saving as advised on here. Still it eithr has technical issues or a software update every morning. I havent been able to just turn it on and it work since we got it. We are on grain fibre to the home with good speeds - ive chatted to sky who tell me to reset and it works then the next mornjng back to the same old saga. Help !! Im thinking of demnading a new puck as this us driving me mad.  

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: SKY STREAM ISSUES STARTING EVERY MORNING

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @LesleyD81 to chat.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What is your software version?

Go into the puck settings and let us know what you have for Entertainment OS and Build version under;

Settings>Systems management>

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
LesleyD81
Topic Author

OS 1.3 Build QS028.516.00P

Thanks 

lesley 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@LesleyD81   To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

You are on the latest software, so it's not a software update issue.

Once your puck is on during the day, are you encountering any further connection issues or is it just the overnight to morning standby issue?

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @LesleyD81 to chat.

LesleyD81
Topic Author

It's just overnight/morning. Same old process again this morning having to unplug and start again. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@LesleyD81  Have you got checked that the Network Standby Mode is turned ON? This can be checked in the Settings > Start up & standby menu.  The setting stops the puck losing the network connection when it goes into standby.

This cured the same problem for me about 2 years ago and hasn't been an issue since then. Whilst in that menu I would also turn OFF the overnight power saving.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
LesleyD81
Topic Author

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes that's how the puck is set up following the advice of another member.  I have spoken to sky and they are sending me a replacement puck so fingers crossed it's just a duff puck. 

LesleyD81
Topic Author

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. Sky replaced the puck within 24 hrs ( excellent service as spoke to sky on sunday pm and pick arrived monday pm ) and it works perfectly.  Like I said i think we must have had a dodgy puck. 

thanks all

Lesley 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion