Discussion topic: Recent issue: Stream Puck connected to router but has no internet access LIT fibre

This message was authored by MarkMark1 This message was authored by: MarkMark1

Recent issue: Stream Puck connected to router but has no internet access LIT fibre

I've been running sky stream for about a month over wifi with LIT fibre with no problem until earlier this week.  When I started the puck, it said there was a network issue.  

In settings, it said it could connect to router but not to internet - while all other internet in the house in the same location was working just fine.  I tried:

1.  Retting the connection

2. .  Reboting the puck

3. .  Rebooting the router

4..  Reconnecting to wifi using router name and password (same error message)

5.  Reconnecting to wifi using WPS (which worked)

However, it has returned the same error message intermittantly over the past few days - sometimes when I switch on it works, other times I have to reconnect using WPS.

I have no problem connecting to wifi with other devices in the same room and we have a very fast service in the room (570Mbps this morning when it happened).   I have seen in other forums that this has been a problem with Virgin in the past.  

But what has changed?  Why suddenly have these issues?  

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Recent issue: Stream Puck connected to router but has no internet access LIT fibre

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarkMark1  This is not an unknown issue and I have had it in the past.  I find doing the following in the correct order tends to fix it for a few months:

Put Glass to Standby and then unplug both your puck and router;

Leave for a couple of minutes and the plug your router back in and wait for it to finish rebooting;

Once it has rebooted plug your puck back in;

When that has also rebooted it will hopefully have connected to the Internet and stay connected.

In addition to this make sure Networked Standby mode is turned on in the Settings > Start up & Standby menu.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Recent issue: Stream Puck connected to router but has no internet access LIT fibre

What the Puck should report is "Problem connecting to Sky server" ... as you say there is no issue connecting to the Internet over WiFi via the router🤔

Exiled in HH
MarkMark1
Topic Author

No.  It reports that it can connect to the router and then that I must have a problem with my router as it's not connecting to the internet. As all other devices connected from the same room to the same router are fine its report is unique to the device.  When I then connect via WPS without doing anything to the router it works fine for a while.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarkMark1  This is not an unknown issue and I have had it in the past.  I find doing the following in the correct order tends to fix it for a few months:

Put Glass to Standby and then unplug both your puck and router;

Leave for a couple of minutes and the plug your router back in and wait for it to finish rebooting;

Once it has rebooted plug your puck back in;

When that has also rebooted it will hopefully have connected to the Internet and stay connected.

In addition to this make sure Networked Standby mode is turned on in the Settings > Start up & Standby menu.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
MarkMark1
Topic Author

Thanks - the standby settings change seems to have done the trick.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion