Discussion topic: Lip Sync issues - Sky Stream

This message was authored by pingloss This message was authored by: pingloss

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

I experienced this when changing to Steam using a Sonos Playbase connected to the optical output of my Philips TV. 

The best 'workaround' while also being able to keep all the advanced multichannel audio formats and not having to change the Stream audio format to PCM is to a HDMI audio splitter such as the one I have installed here:

https://amzn.eu/d/irOoYB7

This completely removes the audio delay on any channel by removing the extra processing hop that occurs when having the audio passed through the TV first.  The splitter I use is compatible with ARC/eARC or optical feeds into your external soundbar such as a Sonos etc. 

I've recommended this solution to other people and they've confirmed the delay disappears on their equipment once the splitter is in place. 

This message was authored by Alastair4 This message was authored by: Alastair4

Audio/video glitch

Hi I have spoken with sky twice regarding an issue we have where the audio and video suddenly jump out of sync. It can happen every 20 mins or only once a day. We also have really poor quality calls as witnessed by one of your colleagues a few days ago. Please advise Kind regards Alastair Mead
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Audio/video glitch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alastair4  What platform are you watching on that is having the sync issues?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

It happens regardless of channel, app etc 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alastair4  Is this on Sky Q, Sky Glass or Sky stream?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

It's stream

This message was authored by JasonLee This message was authored by: JasonLee

Just a heads-up guys that my puck Stream updated to QS027 which I was hoping would solve the sync issue. Sadly, Dolby Digital is still out-of-sync so had to revert back to PCM Stereo.

As it's been several weeks now since this issue surfaced publicly, I'm wondering if Sky can give an update as to manage expectations/provide a timelime to all affected users?

This message was authored by cooter29 This message was authored by: cooter29

Has lip sync been fixed.

Was holding off ordering stream until the lip sync issue was fixed.

havent seen any complaints in last week or so

Can anyone confirm its been fixed with software update ?

This message was authored by TTrodd This message was authored by: TTrodd

Tv voices out of sync

TV sound not syncing with programme.

This message was authored by Jack152 This message was authored by: Jack152

Voice sound is behind the picture

Voices are behind the picture

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Voice sound is behind the picture

@Jack152 wrote:

Voices are behind the picture

It's a known problem that's been going on for weeks. 

Sky say they are trying to find a solution but it's taking time. They suggest switching the audio output of your puck to PCM Stereo as a temporary fix. You will lose out on any multichannel sound by doing this though, so not ideal. 

This message was authored by AD5 This message was authored by: AD5

Re: Audio lip sync problems

After two months maybe you already fixed it...
Shame no one from Sky bothered to answer your post as it is a known problem.

A workaround is to change the audio ouput settings to PCM Stereo and that should fix the problem.
It worked for us. Future software update is on the way apparently.

This message was authored by Matt+Nunns This message was authored by: Matt+Nunns

Still got ongoing, repeatable audio issues with the stream puck when using passthrough mode. Pausing a program stops sound working. Seems to be the way the stream communicates with the sonos soundbar, the output dissapears in the sonos app when the programme is paused, then when unpaused it dorsnt seem to send output to the sonos.

Definitely a sky issue any other streaming device works normally when pausing an app and resuming, no audio issues.

its better when sound output switched to "auto" on the puck but then lip synch is so out its not funny!

TV is a Sony KD-49XF9005

Sonos Beam soundbar

just to repeat, this is only an issue with sky stream, every other streaming device works fine in pass through mode with this tv/soundbar combination!

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@Matt+Nunns wrote:

Still got ongoing, repeatable audio issues with the stream puck when using passthrough mode. Pausing a program stops sound working. Seems to be the way the stream communicates with the sonos soundbar, the output dissapears in the sonos app when the programme is paused, then when unpaused it dorsnt seem to send output to the sonos.

Definitely a sky issue any other streaming device works normally when pausing an app and resuming, no audio issues.

its better when sound output switched to "auto" on the puck but then lip synch is so out its not funny!

TV is a Sony KD-49XF9005

Sonos Beam soundbar

just to repeat, this is only an issue with sky stream, every other streaming device works fine in pass through mode with this tv/soundbar combination!

Interesting. When you check you're other streaming devices are they connected to the TV/Soundbar exactly the same way? (same connection ports, same AV channel etc.). In other words do you just swap out the stream puck with the other device? Just trying to rule out every variable.

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.528.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Matt+Nunns This message was authored by: Matt+Nunns

@Paul+Dray

yes they are. Seems like the sky puck doesn't send a signal to re-enable the audio after pausing.

in the sonos app, you see the audio format disappear when you pause tv, the audio codec then never appears again.

no issues with Apple TV box or PS5.

also swapped to different hdmi inputs and changed the hdmi cable.

tried various possible audio options on the tv as well with the same issue appearing every time only on the sky puck.

all updates have been done on the tv and sonos

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion