Discussion topic: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

This message was authored by FunkyL This message was authored by: FunkyL

Re: Lip sync miles out on all channels

Alas the workaround is temporary for many so, in other words, it does not work 

This message was authored by Peter682 This message was authored by: Peter682

Have the audio set to PCM for over a week now and all good so far ,syncing is fine..

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@FunkyL If setting the audio to Passthrough isn't helping try PCM.  Personally my puck is set to Dolby Digital+ and I haven't noticed any lip sync.   As you will see from earlier posts in this thread Sky did test a solution 2 days ago but it had mixed results so they are still working on it.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by FunkyL This message was authored by: FunkyL

I've tried both.  Works for a lot of the time, but sporadically (every night) it utterly fails.  It seems to be due to broadband speed which drops dramatically during peak times. Still running tests to take to Sly but just a note that the "workarounds" are not problem solved (as I know most of the community reps here will take them to be)

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

The new beta software update QS025.018.00P fixes the issue for me, I was suffering with lip Sync with my Sonos soundbar. Hopefully it will be rolled out to all customers soon. Thanks Sky for sorting 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@FunkyL I fully agree a workaround is not a solution but I know Sky are trying to find a permanent solution.  You may also be correct about broadband speeds.  I am lucky enough to live in a jurisdiction where everyone is on 500mbps (minimum) and even when mine drops during peak hour it is still normally above 300mbps.  I have always suspected this is why I get minimal issues including the lip sync issue.

@Jason+GoldingThat's good news for you but I noted in the response from Sky a couple of days ago that the QS025.018 update that was tried by a few volunteers had mixed results but hopefully they will find a permanent solution soon.

This message was authored by NeilGraham This message was authored by: NeilGraham

Audio sync issues with sky puck

For the last month or so I have been having issues with lip synchronization falling out of time. When first switched on everything is fine then after a few minutes I will hear the same couple of seconds dialogue repeated and the lip sync is then left completely out. If I change the input on my TV and then go back to my sky puck it realigns it but this happens every 15mins at least. I've tried turning off and on, checked my audio is set to auto, and even tried adjusting the lip sync settings but that makes it worse. The pick is connected directly by hdmi to my TV and my audio is on the TV internal speakers only (no sound bar).

Re: Audio sync issues with sky puck

@NeilGraham Welcome to the forum.  This is a known issue which started after a recent update and Sky are busy trying to resolve it .  It started after a recent update. ave a look at the thread HERE

Sky have suggested as a temporary workaround whilst they find a solution you should try changing the audio settings to PCM or Passthrough.  I personally have mine of DD+ and don't notice any lip sync problem.

This message was authored by Lainie This message was authored by: Lainie

Really helpful thanks - been having sync problems for a few days and changing the settings to pcm has helped resolve.

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Tv channels out of sinc

Sky channels are out of sinc gold plus others can't  fix this issue sky told  me to put it on 0 mins please help if you can many thanks 

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Re: Lip sync / dubbing issues

I've changed it to pcm see how it goes 

I've changed it to pcm sounds better 

Taking advice from  other members on here it seems to have worked  changing it to pcm seems much better than before many thanks 😊 👍 

Re: Lip sync problems with puck

Sky forum will remove any unnecessary comments if they feel like its nasty language or comments or any inappropriate comments which goes against there tc swearing or bad language or other hate comments 

This message was authored by Hilbur1 This message was authored by: Hilbur1

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

We have this issue as well. So many issues woth sky but mostly their broadband. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion