Discussion topic: Puck stuck at 0% on software download

This message was authored by Morgan+t This message was authored by: Morgan+t

Puck stuck at 0% on software download

My sky software stuck on 0% anyone help(

Moderator note: subject of thread updated to better reflect the conversation

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Puck stuck at 0% on software download

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I've raised this problem with our support teams and will update you all as soon as I can.

In the meantime, can you try these steps please?

@Morgan+t @AlanaJane908 @LeBrun8099 @Benji1996 

EDIT: This problem has been resolved. If you are still having difficulty, try switching off your puck and back on again. If you continue to have trouble, then please follow these steps.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Sky puke

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Morgan+t 

Switch it off at the socket, if you can then please plug it in via Ethernet for the update and then switch back on at socket.

If you can't use ethernet then switch off, wait a min and try again.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Gerard69 This message was authored by: Gerard69

Sky stream puck

Just received puck but when I try to set it up on the broadband , it says update new software but when I do it stays at 0% then after 5 mins ask me to do it again and so on and so on ? Can someone please help 

Re: Sky stream puck

Hi @Gerard69 

Are you able to temporarily plug it in via Ethernet cable for the update?

What is your broadband speed? Recommended speed is 25Mbps for HD or 30Mbps for UHD.

Thanks,

Tim

This message was authored by Benji1996 This message was authored by: Benji1996

Re: Sky puck software update failure

Mine is doing the exact same thing tried anything I could find to no success and is starting to get on my nerves.

Seems to be an extremely common issue which isn't a very good sign. Just want to watch tv! 

This message was authored by Jont12345 This message was authored by: Jont12345

Sky stream puck

Got my sky stream puck today however it won't get past the 'checking status' message, then fails and attempts to update software but hangs on 0%. I connected it via WPS onto wifi but have a feeling its not connected properly. Can't find a way to re-setup the connection, any ideas?

This message was authored by LeBrun8099 This message was authored by: LeBrun8099

I've tried this multiple times in multiple locations around the house. I've tried Wi-Fi & Ethernet: on off; button in etc. still freezes at 0% and can't move forward. Please advise. 

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@LeBrun8099  Is this a new puck your setting up?

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Sky stream puck

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by AlanaJane908 This message was authored by: AlanaJane908

Sky Stream

My Sky Stream was delivered this morning, and I still cannot get it from the system update which is stuck at 0%, tried resetting, turning off and unplugging for varies lengths of time. To no avail. I'm about ready to throw it out the window!

please please help! 🙏🙏🙏

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I've raised this problem with our support teams and will update you all as soon as I can.

In the meantime, can you try these steps please?

@Morgan+t @AlanaJane908 @LeBrun8099 @Benji1996 

EDIT: This problem has been resolved. If you are still having difficulty, try switching off your puck and back on again. If you continue to have trouble, then please follow these steps.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Set+up+Woes This message was authored by: Set+up+Woes

Stream puck software stuck at 0%

Hi 

I've got my new stream puck. It was installed this morning at 9am. Software update is stuck at 0% and I've tried the reset options given in other answers and nothing 

so really what I want is for my husband not to switch tv providers every 12 months or to actually sort out the install himself. 

failing that I'd like sky support to tell me how to fix this 

thank you 

Re: Stream puck software stuck at 0%

Hi @Set+up+Woes 

If you follow the link below and select the option 'Updating software' screen stuck at 0%'

If none of that works then press the button at the bottom 'I still need help'

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/setting-up-sky-glass-help 

Thanks,

Tim

This message was authored by Set+up+Woes This message was authored by: Set+up+Woes

Re: Stream puck software stuck at 0%

I finally got through to someone in support who talked me through it

you need to hold the power button on the puck. Whilst still holding it down remove the power lead at the back (keep holding the power button down) then put the lead back in (keep holding that power button down) 

then keep holding it down until it flashed red

Then when it gives you the option to connect do the top one - wps 

then go to your router and hit the button the side which has got two curved arrows on it 

then the magic worked and it started working there's a bit more on the screen to go through to connect your remote back up. 

but it worked the kids can watch tv and the husband is let out of the dog house 

This message was authored by Wallyish This message was authored by: Wallyish

Maintenence

Trying to get sky stream up and running. Its froze on the updating software. Any ideas.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion