Discussion topic: Welcome to Sky Stream email

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Welcome to Sky Stream email

I've had an email from Sky this morning saying 'Welcome to Sky Stream...now it's arrived let's hit the ground running.'

It then says 'Get set for your brand-new Sky Stream' and has the initial setup instructions. 

Errr, I've had Stream for nearly 9 months and I've not added anything new to my package. 

I've checked my account for any spurious activity and nothing additional has been ordered. 

I even got an email from then a couple of weeks ago offering me an 'upgrade' to Glass, saying 'Loving Stream? You'll love Sky Glass, the only TV with Sky inside'...blah blah blah... 

Weird. Anyone else getting random out of sync emails from Sky? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Welcome to Sky Stream email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @SlenderRobert 

I think yours is the first post I've seen mention, I've certainly not had any emails like that. 

You can of course opt out if you wish though.

https://www.sky.com/mydetails/data-and-personalisation

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I can confirm I have had that email this morning as well and i've been with Sky Stream since the Pre Official Launch. 

SlenderRobert
Topic Author
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@CardiffMan1992 wrote:

I can confirm I have had that email this morning as well and i've been with Sky Stream since the Pre Official Launch. 

Ah, same as me then. Must be a weird quirk of their system which didn't seem to be fully set up for selling Stream when I ordered it back in early October last year! 

This message was authored by A+JW This message was authored by: A+JW

I received this too, it must have been sent eronously.

An ex-Sky Stream customer
This message was authored by Rich85 This message was authored by: Rich85

Yes I also have received the same email despite having been using Stream for many months now. 

I was concerned someone had fraudulently opened up another account in my name but seeing others have also received this, it must have been sent in error. 

This message was authored by Theoldsloth This message was authored by: Theoldsloth

Same here had email this morning. 

Lg 55in oled
900 mbps
Sky puck
This message was authored by JonP83 This message was authored by: JonP83

Me too, I checked my package and billing no changes so assumed it was an IT error.

This message was authored by KarlUK This message was authored by: KarlUK

Yes, I had the same switched to stream 8 month ago. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion