Discussion topic: Puck/Dolby Atmos

This message was authored by Cooper+D This message was authored by: Cooper+D

Puck/Dolby Atmos

I have been looking at upgrading to UHD/DOLBY ATMOS and was wondering if it's worth it.

If I  were to do it I would need to purchase a suitable soundbar. I don't have space to have any speakers with it so it would need to be a standalone soundbar.

I have a Sony TV and would like to ask if anyone has any recommendations as to which one might be best suited. Not looking to spend a fortune just would want something that would give a good depth of sound.

I still have the sky soundbox stored away in a cupboard but this wouldn't give the Atmos experience.

All my opinions are my own.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Puck/Dolby Atmos

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cooper+D although a soundbar can give some sort of effect for Atmos it will be pretty limited as the effects require sound to be bounced off the ceiling so a lot is down to the acoustics in the room. UHD is however worth it if you have a reasonably decent TV which supports HDR. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Puck/Dolby Atmos

Atmos via a soundbar won't give you the full surround sound effect however it will give you a clearer sound with deeper bass proving you have a good sized sub. ...

UHD and HDR will give a crystal clear picture quality providing your TV supports HLG as a HDR resolution.

You can buy a very good soundbar for around £350 but make sure it supports Atmos, True HD and all the other formats in between. Also, you'll want ARC or eARC on both the TV and soundbar for audio Passthrough 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion