Discussion topic: Problems of rewatching live sport

This message was authored by skysky2 This message was authored by: skysky2

Problems of rewatching live sport

I'm looking for some advice/sympathy/urgent changes to the product roadmap.

If I'm not able to watch a sporting event, like a football match, live then I find the experience of rewatching it _really_ bad. Many events have build-up, which will have multiple ad breaks if it isn't on the BBC. If it's something like a Premier League match, then I have to spend about 10-15 minutes sat through four ad breaks and the fast-forward time of each pre-match segment.

I don't mind sitting through the adverts mid-show (and I'm more resistant to paying for the upgrade because of this, which feels like bad & uncaring design). And I can see how this system works fine for regular TV shows, where you don't have an hour of pre-show ahead of the thing you actually want to watch. But this sucks. Any help?

All Replies

skysky2
Topic Author
This message was authored by skysky2 This message was authored by: skysky2

Re: Problems of rewatching live sport

Forgot to add: the ad functionality also regularly glitches if you try and fast-forward (which is the only way of seeing how much longer the ads will go on for?), sending you back to the start of the ad block.

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Problems of rewatching live sport

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @skysky2 

We are fellow subscribers so can't directly influence the roadmap.

The only advice I can offer is use voice command for events recorded to sky's cloud. You can say "fast forward x minutes" where x is the amount of minutes you want to jump.

I use this to skip the duration of the ads regularly.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/voice-control-sky-glass

If you are watching via an app e.g ITVX - afraid we are at the mercy of the broadcaster and what they allow, alouth I have ad skipping and don't suffer too many problems.

Hope this helps

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion