Discussion topic: Is Sky stream worth changing to from Sky Q?

This message was authored by danskydan This message was authored by: danskydan

Is Sky stream worth changing to from Sky Q?

Hi

I have Sky Q and have had since its release. Relatively trouble-free. 

Was considering changing to Sky Stream so I can have Sky in more rooms than Sky Q currently allows. 

Is it worth the change? Or should I leave it longer for any teething problems to be ironed out?

Finally, I pay for TNT Sports via BT - would it still work on Sky Stream (as it does on Sky Q)?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Is Sky stream worth changing to from Sky Q?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@danskydan  It is purely subjective.  Personally I love the streaming platform and would not return to Q but others find it doesn't suite their viewing habits.  Stream is certainly not perfect.

You need to do your research but off the bat be aware that there is no recording on Stream nor are there +1 channels.  The programme channels are also reduced on Stream so have a look at the following link which shows what channels are and are not available on the streaming platform: 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass 

I am not subscribed to TNT Sport so cannot really comment but I have seen plenty of posts in the past where people were having problems but hopefully they are now resolved.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@danskydan 

Note that having Stream in 'more rooms than Sky Q currently allows' implies a lot of internet bandwidth: three pucks running UHD is really more than FTTC can supply.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

I changed from Sky Q to Stream and Glass and have a FTTC broadband (BT Halo 3+) of around 44Mbs which runs two UHD streams without issues via a a  BT WiFi disc connected to the main hub by BT powerline adaptors.

I also have TNT Sports via BT and access it with the Discovery + app on Stream/Glass and get HD/Ultimate Atmos and access on multiple devices without having to get the extra box HD/UHD packs via BT.

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion