Discussion topic: Playlist Sky Puck

This message was authored by Ron+1066 This message was authored by: Ron+1066

Playlist Sky Puck

I have recently changed to a Sky puck and finding the play list difficult to understand. I added Teds Notebook to my playlist and of course it added series but when l went to try to view it from the playlist most recent it was showing Monaco from 2021 and l'm not able to view last Sundays Note Book from Monaco 2023. Their have been other instances also has anyone any ideas why this should happen. 
Many thanks Ron

Best Answers
This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland Answer

Re: Playlist Sky Puck

@Ron+1066 

Yes add to playlist from TV Guide in regards to recording Live Broadcasts.

You should only need to do this once as it will then record future live broadcasts if it has a series link included

There can be times when recordings might not happen for other reasons.

I suggest you remove your existing Ted's Notebook from Playlist 

Wait for it to show up in TV Guide then add to playlist before live broadcast has started

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Sibs2184 This message was authored by: Sibs2184

I'm having the same issue with various different series' on a variet of channels. I've had numerous responses ranging from 'Sky no longer have the rights' (which was wrong information just trying to fob me off) through to 'It working on our test TV' through to the usual 'Try resetting everything', all of which have not sorted the issue.

Things working is not a problem, as long as the problem reported is actually being repaired, which it doesn't seem to be. I've had this issue since the end of March.

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@Ron+1066 

Did you not add to playlist from TV Guide F1 Channel for Ted's Notebook 

If no you need to add that way for live broadcasts cloud recordings happen

Once you add to playlist from TV Guide future live broadcasts recordings will show up in your Ted's Notebook playlist

My Playlist for Ted's Notebook has Monaco 2023 Qualifying and Grand Prix

20230530_141458.jpg

Spain Grand Prix this week does not have Ted's Notebook doing a broadcast in Sky TV Guide

The next Ted's Notebook broadcast on Sky F1 Channel is for Canadian Grand Prix June 17/18

When that shows up in TV Guide add to Playlist before live broadcasts starts

Ron+1066
Topic Author

Thanks for that answer @Paul+Boland  does that mean every programme l want to add to my playlist has to be done from the Channel Guide/list if that's the case that would explain why other things haven't been added. 

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland Answer

@Ron+1066 

Yes add to playlist from TV Guide in regards to recording Live Broadcasts.

You should only need to do this once as it will then record future live broadcasts if it has a series link included

There can be times when recordings might not happen for other reasons.

I suggest you remove your existing Ted's Notebook from Playlist 

Wait for it to show up in TV Guide then add to playlist before live broadcast has started

Ron+1066
Topic Author

Many thanks for that answer @Paul+Boland  l will do as you suggested. Is it best to add all non live broadcasts from the channel list too. 

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@Ron+1066 

In general yes add from TV Guide for any TV Show or Sport that is a live broadcast

I use TV Guide to add to playlist for most with the exception below

The exception is on demand TV Shows/Films where sky has all available episodes already available for playback

You can just add to playlist for that content from TV Shows/Movies 

But if it's a series with live episodes or repeat broadcast still to be broadcast I would suggest you still do it from TV Guide

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul+Boland wrote:

@Ron+1066 

In general yes add from TV Guide for any TV Show or Sport that is a live broadcast

I use TV Guide to add to playlist for most with the exception below

The exception is on demand TV Shows/Films where sky has all available episodes already available for playback

You can just add to playlist for that content from TV Shows/Movies 

But if it's a series with live episodes or repeat broadcast still to be broadcast I would suggest you still do it from TV Guide

Why do you need to add it from the tv guide @Paul+Boland I've never added F1 from the tv guide seeing as the smart menu Sport has Spanish GrandPrix in Top Picks and even Live Roland Garros

16854605274388914547288365595036.jpg

@best+of+the+best 

For cloud recordings of Live Broadcasts  to work correctly you need to add from TV Guide

If it has a series link you only need  to add once from TV Guide  for future live broadcasts to get recorded 

If you not added to playlist from TV Guide series recordings of later live broadcasts may not happen

This has been discussed lot's of times previously in regards to Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks

On Demand is different that's content is already available for playback or will be later made available a few hours or next day  after a live broadcast ended.

Catch Up Repeat Broadcasts/On Demand not the same thing as a Live Broadcast

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Paul+Boland wrote:

@best+of+the+best 

For cloud recordings of Live Broadcasts  to work correctly you need to add from TV Guide

If it has a series link you only need  to add once from TV Guide  for future live broadcasts to get recorded 

If you not added to playlist from TV Guide series recordings of later live broadcasts may not happen

This has been discussed lot's of times previously in regards to Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks

On Demand is different that's content is already available for playback or will be later made available a few hours or next day  after a live broadcast ended.

Catch Up Repeat Broadcasts/On Demand not the same thing as a Live Broadcast

Ok @Paul+Boland I've tried it your way from the tv guide

So I'm missing E51 Practice 2

E52 Practice 3

Don't question my intelligence went to the tv guide highlighted Live Spanish GP Practice 1 series added

16854634933015851482934099835950.jpg

So it looks like I'll have to add Practice 2 and Practice 3 manually 

Or any helpful advice without being condescending @Paul+Boland 

@best+of+the+best 

Read back in F1 thread where sky employee provided instructions how to record Live broadcasts of F1

This is not anthing new  

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream/How-to-add-Live-Formula-1-to-your-Sky-Glass-Playlist/m-p/3...

What has changed since then is SKY F1 UHD is Channel 406 and HD Channel is 902 if you have UHD Dolby Atmos pack

The same applies if you want to record Sky Sports or BT Sports Premier League/BT Sports Champions/Europa League etc Live Broadcasts you add to playlist from TV Guide

Live upcoming will always show in a playlist you add what matters is if it actually records

There was issues on Friday with Live:F1 Practice 1/2 but was fixed for Satuday and Sunday that's why others mentioned in F1 thread they was missing live Friday Practice broadcasts recordings

The on demand versions of  Practice was made available  later these are in Formula 1 Playlist

That playlist is for on demand catch up as in not live

Formula 1 has 2 playlists 

Live: Formula 1 (Recording of live broadcasts)

Formula 1 (Recording of repeat broadcasts and uploads of on demand catch up)

@Paul+Boland wrote:

@best+of+the+best 

Read back in F1 thread where sky employee provided instructions how to record Live broadcasts of F1

This is not anthing new  

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream/How-to-add-Live-Formula-1-to-your-Sky-Glass-Playlist/m-p/3...

What has changed since then is SKY F1 UHD is Channel 406 and HD Channel is 902 if you have UHD Dolby Atmos pack

The same applies if you want to record Sky Sports or BT Sports Premier League/BT Sports Champions/Europa League etc Live Broadcasts you add to playlist from TV Guide

Live upcoming will always show in a playlist you add what matters is if it actually records

There was issues on Friday with Live:F1 Practice 1/2 but was fixed for Satuday and Sunday that's why others mentioned in F1 thread they was missing live Friday Practice broadcasts recordings

The on demand versions of  Practice was made available  later these are in Formula 1 Playlist

Done that also no different from what you posted earlier @Paul+Boland but adding from the tv guide Spanish GP Live Practice 1 series added still have no Practice 2 or Practice 3 in my line up for this weekend

Manually had to add Practice 2 and Practice 3

On the off chance they record 

16854660088467720483394791143315.jpg

16854660639174440856922441276664.jpg

@best+of+the+best wrote:

@Paul+Boland wrote:

@best+of+the+best 

This is not anthing new  

Done that also no different from what you posted earlier @Paul+Boland but adding from the tv guide Spanish GP Live Practice 1 series added still have no Practice 2 or Practice 3 in my line up for this weekend

Manually had to add Practice 2 and Practice 3

On the off chance they record 

16854660088467720483394791143315.jpg

16854660639174440856922441276664.jpg

@best+of+the+best 

TV Guide listings update spain practice 2 and 3 should eventually show in Live:Formula  1 Playlist  upcoming broadcasts

It happens sometimes a delay showing up in playlists in regards to upcoming for some live broadcasts.

When that happens will look as if you need to add manually no harm in doing this just in case the Live:Formula 1 playlist does not update or TV Guide series link does not update.

Can also be due a link error for a series link 

This might explain what happened with Friday Monaco Practice 1 and 2 live Broadcasts for some customers.

This message was authored by Gary95 This message was authored by: Gary95

I am told that you can ONLY set up a working playlist from your original Sky Glass TV,not from the TV with the puck

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion