Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

@MohsinAwan @Let us know how it progresses mate 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by MohsinAwan This message was authored by: MohsinAwan

Yeah , keep deleting my messages in the name of community guidelines 👍 more to my complaint to your regulators , not going to look good for you

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Do keep us all posted @MohsinAwan 

This message was authored by MohsinAwan This message was authored by: MohsinAwan

@Super+Anthony I've cancelled sky stream , they've refunded me my sports subscription for the period with sky stream. Going back to satellite. They don't have any estimate or timeline to when the issue with sky stream will be resolved and their stream broadcast is glitchy on virgin , now or anywhere else so didn't really have much of an option but to return to satellite until they fix this which in how many years 😂 who knows. Their Sky q boxes pixelate too on the native apps 😂 but am ok with that as I don't use sky for netflix or other apps use my TVs UI but apart from that , my glitchy sky sports days are behind me now so all good 👍 i'd suggest not to put up with this and complain to them as you're not receiving service on stream that you are paying for that and if they can't provide service, they shouldnt be charging you for it and now mysteriously this post will be deleted by one of their moderators in the name of community guidelines 🤷

This message was authored by dormouse This message was authored by: dormouse

It is now a month since @KevNewMedia posted the 'Answer' and implied it would be updated . Pixelation on every single UHD football game I watch. It simply is not good enough for the price we all pay.

Can we have an update please??

This message was authored by ljmm1967 This message was authored by: ljmm1967

So far so good, my channels on sky stream are watchable again, but who knows how long this will last. 

This message was authored by Dave6018 This message was authored by: Dave6018

So, I've also been having a similar issue. Sky simply blames it on my broadband since it's with Virgin Media. However, all my channels were fine except for the Sky Sports channels. First, I ran a continuous ping test on my broadband, and there were zero dropped packets, so my broadband is fine. Then, I thought I would tether to my mobile (I get 100+ Mbps), but I had a similar issue. So I reset my box, and all the artifacting disappeared. Could it have been a botched software update?

This message was authored by ljmm1967 This message was authored by: ljmm1967

Was told yesterday by Sky employee that it's an after effect of that massive Microsoft outage and the patches sent out to theses boxes just didn't seem to be working. The updates didn't work automatically and made to be done manually. 

This message was authored by Dave6018 This message was authored by: Dave6018

I have factory reset one box, and I have a second one that I have reset so I can see, but Sky will still evade the issue and say it's the broadband. When I mentioned the buffering issue, the tech bloke advised me that it's because my router is configured for two SSIDs. But if the bloke I spoke to had really thought about what he had said, he would realize that if you live in a terraced house, semi, or apartments, you're always going to get more than one SSID. Then he denied that the box had a software update!! Do you know what really annoys me the most? People have dodgy Firesticks that work better than my legitimate setup!! How can it be that I pay 720 pounds a year for a service that is worse than somebody who has an illegal stick!! If I didn't have morals, I would go the dodgy route; it's cheaper and less hassle.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Still terrible pixelation on UHD and watching the tennis Saturday morning at 08.48. Happening so often

Also on the latency channel, 922. Sound is not synching and also the commentary keeps changing in volume

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion