Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by Bazlowski This message was authored by: Bazlowski

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

The biggest concern for me is the fact it's still happening so long after being identified suggests there isn't an obvious solution.

This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

The Liverpool West Ham Carabou game was besieged by green blobs.

The TNT sports ultimate (the other channels are fine) has an audio delay.

Ke Sera Sera...

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@Fothergill1 wrote:
:I noticed pixelation on ITV1 and BBC1 early yesterday evening. 

Really? If so, this is the first time anyone has seen the problem on non-Sky channels as far as I can see.

Anyone?

This message was authored by Astongooner This message was authored by: Astongooner

I have experienced it on Sky channels Arts, Sci-Fy and the sports channels never experienced it on any apps but yesterday it was very bad on a cloud recorded Channel 5 programme so believe has to be Sky's servers.

Ex Sky Q current Sky Stream user
This message was authored by FaviousM This message was authored by: FaviousM

@squareeyeschris wrote:

@Fothergill1 wrote:

Really? If so, this is the first time anyone has seen the problem on non-Sky channels as far as I can see.

Anyone?

Yeah I've seen it on Discovery History/Science and I think National Geographic but WAY less common, like maybe one little issue every couple of days, which could maybe not even be related but the effect is the exact same, partial pixelation and the dreaded green blobs

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

More on UHD and the Liverpool game after about a minute of game

This message was authored by FaviousM This message was authored by: FaviousM

Yeah I saw that one too, couldn't even make it to 1 minute on the clock before it happened. Hope it's not too bad for the whole the game though

This message was authored by Bazlowski This message was authored by: Bazlowski

Ahhhh 53 seconds into the game on ME UHD, a dirty great screen tear making my premium home entertainment set up look like something I bought off eBay.

Poor. Making me not 'Believe in Sky' right now.

This message was authored by Mrdudestar This message was authored by: Mrdudestar

Its the minecraft of football right now! 

This message was authored by Panmat This message was authored by: Panmat

Even the rugby on sky+ is only just about watchable. Minecraft just about sums it up.

Absolutely diabolical service ......end of......

sPellling, grammar """punctuation or especially typo has never mine strength point? So thank you be kind….
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

It did it several times after 52 minutes of the game. Was really bad. Wasn't just a couple of dots but whole screen. It then just froze and you could just hear commentary 

It seems to be happening on all the channels that it's pausing and you can just hear sound. I have just done a restart

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@squareeyeschris wrote:

@Fothergill1 wrote:

Anyone?

@squareeyeschris It was back to normal the following morning.   Also of course it could have been related to the issues Sky were having with ITV and a number of other channels the previous day.  Sky fixed that issue after a few hours but it could have been a lingering effect.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by jmee9 This message was authored by: jmee9

Currently watching TNT Sports 2 and the quality is absolutely shocking, however it's not the same kind of pixelation etc. I see on F1 UHD.

🤷

This message was authored by jmee9 This message was authored by: jmee9

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jmee9  That is similar to the pixelation I was seeing on BBC1 and ITV1 a couple of evenings ago.  It only lasted for about half a second but it happened a number of times on both channels.  As mentioned in my earlier post the problem was resolved by the following morning.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion