Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by Ant181 This message was authored by: Ant181

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

How long is this going on for 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Another one same channel 20.35 and again 21.32 and then 21.56

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I don't hold my hopes for any time soon with this and all the other issues @Ant181. It's not particularly efficient really as all the issues been happening for months

Once again it's awful on Sky sports golf. When will it be fixed?

Also just had an email saying the reason channels keep freezing and closing, there are no issues and keep getting a comment that it's my broadband and WiFi set up!!! My set up is fine and my WiFi is working really well

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@Super+Anthony Ignore them. It's just clueless sky employees sticking to their script. We all know there's a fault and it's been confirmed by another sky employee on here. Who knows when it will be fixed, probably not even them. The fact it's not been fixed yet would suggest it's a major issue with their distribution set up & not to mention their pucks. Are they actively trying to fix it right now? Who knows. 

It's just so frustrating though @DuckieBoos . I keep saying it's a great product but it needs to be functioning correctly and there needs to be major updates on the puck itself and is nothing to do with the ISP or the set up. Hopefully we will get there at some stage and we will all be happy

1. freezing screens

2. shutting down and black screens

3. pixelation and sound issues

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Super+Anthony

1. freezing screens

Points 1 and 2 are related to your ISP or your connection from the broadband router to the pucks. Are you hard wired via ethernet cable ? What is the latency on your broadband ? There is a common misconception that good broadband speeds mean a good streaming experience, this is incorrect, you need good latency too. I have no issues with freezing screens, shutting down and black screens, this are caused by a insufficient internet connection. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Sorry it has nothing to do with my ISP @Jason+Golding. it has all been tested. Sky need to sort all this asap. My internet connection is fast and it works fine on everything else

This message was authored by Ant181 This message was authored by: Ant181

Still the same on all sports channels.

Not gone by the weekend and the puck can get in the bin 

This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

@Jason+Golding Lies, misinformation and straight from the Sky waffle handbook!

Stop blaming everyone's internet connection as it's the easiest way to dismiss the awful quality if service given by Sky.

They are well aware of the pixelation, audio glitches on most channels, maybe you should stop with the ostrich in the sand stance! 

Sky have said they are aware of video glitches and artifacts 

Sky have said they are aware of audio glitches 

So just stop winding people up with your false information! It's tiresome 

In other news my case with Sky's ombudsman that I had to start because we reached deadlock have said until the issue is resolved there is no way to determine appropriate compensation

I said I'd win this case easily and it appears I was right, keep posting your issues on here as it will make future claims from others easier to resolve 

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@Jason+Golding . You forgot to blame something spurious for point 3, pixelation, which after all is the original subject of this thread and seems to be getting worse if anything. Perhaps it's the pixies causing it?

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DantheSwan 

Your comments are based on the factors and @Jason+Golding didnt mention were ISP realted 😏

@DantheSwan wrote:

@Jason+Golding 

Sky have said they are aware of video glitches and artifacts 

Sky have said they are aware of audio glitches 

So just stop winding people up with your false information! It's tiresome 

@Jason+Golding wrote:

@Super+Anthony

1. freezing screens

Points 1 and 2 are related to your ISP or your connection from the broadband router to the pucks. Are you hard wired via ethernet cable ? What is the latency on your broadband ? There is a common misconception that good broadband speeds mean a good streaming experience, this is incorrect, you need good latency too. I have no issues with freezing screens, shutting down and black screens, this are caused by a insufficient internet connection. 

The pixelation issue seems to be affecting Virgin customers as noted in this comment and here.

I had the issue for the first time last week, on Sky Nature and Sky History and wasn't impressed.
The sound drops are really griding my gears and seems to be related specifically to the Stream device (as far as I've read and tested with other devices/TV in built apps)

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

Thank you for your support @squareeyeschris @Skull+Treaty @DantheSwan @Ant181 there are obvious issues and there is far too much blame on ISP and broadband, just like my email yesterday. It's all rather poor. There needs and surely a way forward from Sky otherwise we will be stuck with the same problems. I will say it again it's a great product but one that has problems. Can't wait for it all to be fixed..

This message was authored by jmee9 This message was authored by: jmee9

Just to add, I've been experiencing similar issues which are more prevalent on UHD channels, F1 especially. I'm not with Virgin for BB.

Image ghosting appears occasionally, where for what seems like a single frame an image from 10 seconds prior appears. Another issue is the picture breaks down and grey patches appear, strangely only ever at the lower part of the screen, not sure if this is an source encoding issue - interestingly after rewinding it doesn't appear, making it hard to reproduce.

This message was authored by dormouse This message was authored by: dormouse

Pixelating again tonight in Villa - Everton UHD.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion