Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jason+Golding wrote:

I was told by sky customer services that no one is held to a contract on sky stream and there was a legal reason as to why this was the case.

I can imagine one possibility: both Sky Q and Sky Stream are made available on long minimum terms, but in the case of Q there's the well-established national network of 'engineers' to address issues, which then mitigates claims under consumer rights. 

Glass/Stream has no such in-premises support, and so would probably be unable to survive a challenge that the supplier hasn't made sufficient attempt to mitigate the situation before cancelling becomes a right.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Bazlowski This message was authored by: Bazlowski

Q is no longer being offered in broadband/tv bundles as satellite delivery is slowly being phased out. Stream/Glass is the future & eventually will be the only format Sky offers.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Bazlowski 

Certainly, and not employing those engineers will unfortunately represent a significant cost saving to Comcast, who can choose to offer a less robust system if they wish as long as they permit disgruntled customers to leave.

What this means for (as an example) government use of broadcasting as a method to reach the population in a crisis hasn't been particularly well investigated.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

More pixelation issues 11.24 uhd sky sports main event

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@Bazlowski If and only when stream work properly and they still have a long way to go as we are noticing but yes you right

@Super+Anthony wrote:

If and only when stream work properly 

Not really: short of financing its own satellite capacity, Sky/Comcast has no choice but to push forward with online delivery replacing broadcasting, even with glitches.  The end of life of the current orbital provision is a physical inevitably rather than a business strategy.

Surely though they should be selling a system that works properly, and not like the current situation? This has been echoed by others on here. Yes one will always have issues, but it's up to whoever to put fixes / updates into place. Whether it's Sky or Comcast, someone needs to be accountable to all the current issues we as customers are suffering with

Freezing

Black screens

Pixelation issues

I have constantly said that Stream is a great product but it needs to function and work correctly. We know it's nothing to do with the ISP

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Surely though they should be selling a system that works properly, and not like the current situation? 

Ideally, yes, but even if Stream has ongoing issues that doesn't change the fundamental fact that the Astra 28.2E cluster probably won't be there in a few years time, and all the millions of Sky dishes on walls and chimneys in the UK and RoI are likely to be pointing at empty space.

I guess the anticipated timescale for the end of satellite broadcasting to these countries does potentially permit a hardware revision to Stream (or even a successor online product) if they choose to do so.

@TimmyBGood Very valid and I don't disagree. I guess my point at this current stage is simply Stream to function better

More pixelation 13.48 Sky sports golf

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

https://static.skyassets.com/contentstack/assets/blt7f2b03fd02c7fe60/blt6d8bc0a5c616e4dd/66c30df0453...

If you click on the above you will see a table that refers to the charges that sky may apply for early termination. It covers all their products, including mobile and broadband, with the exception of Sky Stream and Glass. If sky were to enforce early cancellation fees on a product by law they have to publish what the charges are,

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Super+Anthony. Hi Anthony, the thing is although I feel your pain. Sky stream does function properly for the majority of customers. Fixing an issue like you are facing for a few but actually cause issues for the majority, you have to bear this in mind .  I am not facing any of these issues as an example, if sky were to complete a "quick" untested fix for your problem, this may cause issues for the majority. I can promise you that if this pixelation issue was affecting the majority/all customers, than sky would have taken action or at least acknowledged it.  Sky stream isn't just dependent on the box, its heavily reliant on broadband and WiFi connection and unlike other streaming services, EE and Virgin, it works with all ISP's so the problems can be harder t identify and resolve as sky to work across the industry with many ISPs 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Sky have identified it mate. They are investigating a screen tearing issue on Sky Sports HD & UHD.

@Bazlowski Can't come quick enough but it's not just these channels. Sky sports golf is a problem as well as cricket and tennis

@Jason+Golding  it's also nothing to do with my WiFi or ISP. I am on a fast speed and it's all been tested. The fault or faults are with Sky to sort. Anyway I am not going to start going over the same issue. I know you trying to be helpful as well so thank you

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@Jason+Golding 

Codswallop

Yea those channels are all included in "Screen tearing issue on Sky Sports HD & UHD" too. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion