Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

@DuckieBoos .  I just as I keep hoping that Sky are working on a fix for all the issues or an updated puck

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@Super+Anthony If they are serious about the future of live tv being delivered via the internet and turning off the satellites etc then they really have to up their game. I won't accept this dire output and I doubt many will. 

My future will be without Sky as my main tv provider. That's mainly due to the shocking customer service I have received. 

This message was authored by Ant181 This message was authored by: Ant181

They told me I'm mid term and cannot leave until one year 

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

I raised this as an official complaint. Sky told me that they'd get back to me within 72 hours. On the 72nd hour they closed my complaint without even speaking to me. 

I have no words 😡

This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

@Ant181 

They are lying! 

Tell them new laws were passed in government in July that allows you to give 31 days notice and leave penalty free 

I can only assume they have said this to you hoping you're not aware of the new regulations 

Disgusting! Phone them back , mention the July legislation and watch them change their tune 

What they're doing here is also illegal so they should be very very careful going down this route

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Further pixelated issue Sky sports golf at 09.44 today and then sound cutting out 09.49 09.55

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@DantheSwan 

Not according to Citizens Advice.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-internet-downloads-or-tv/cancelling-a-phone-tv-inte...

Do you have a link to something that says otherwise?

This message was authored by FaviousM This message was authored by: FaviousM

Just want to add that even thought we've mostly talked about Sky channels (and sports mainly) I have seen this on other channels.

Saw it on National Geographic HD at 11:05 and it's present if I leave the channel and comeback and use the Watch from Start function as well

Frustrating this hasn't been fixed

Agree @FaviousM  fully. It's painfully slow and frustrating and we need some form of communication to say issues have been fixed and what was the issue. We can't wait quick enough for an updated Puck and that the current one is not working as it should, as pointed out from @DantheSwan and others. I will as usual be patient like many of us. I keep saying it's a better tool I think to Q BUT it needs to work correctly and it's nothing to do with our individual ISP

Another pixelation issue 12.01 Sky sports UHD main event

This message was authored by Bazlowski This message was authored by: Bazlowski

Didn't they say the picture break up was a broadcast issue, not hardware...?

This message was authored by Ant181 This message was authored by: Ant181

F1 uhd Ferrari racing. Horrendous screen tear .

Paying for this rubbish .

Not sure it can be a broadcast issue if it's happening on various channels, and as highlighted by someone on here, not just sports channels (Sky) @Bazlowski unless I am misunderstanding 

I'm not an expert. But I would expect to see it on all channels if it was hardware related. I might be wrong.

Valid point I guess @Bazlowski but then Sky have kept saying it was the ISP, unless I have missed something. I still agree with others that it's the puck, but I am like you not an expert

But the other issues like the freezing and closing down and reopening is not broadcaster issue?

It is possible they thought it was ISP related when the issue was first flagged, but as more reported it they realised it was much more common. I haven't experienced the other issues you mentioned which do sound more hardware/software related.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion