Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

@Super+Anthony It's obviously everyone's ISP companies at fault, they are all without question unstable, that goes for all the people on Digital Spy and AV forums too, all of us have bad internet because the sky service is faultless hahahaha

Anyway I got bored of their nonsense this time around and immediately instigated a deadlock with them, I'm now in the midst of a dispute with CISAS and have absolutely no doubt whatsoever I will win the case

The only way companies like Sky pay any attention is when you hit them hard with the full force of consumer law

You can also leave your stream contract penalty free at any time you like no matter what contract you have signed by giving them 31 days notice 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I do like stream and at this stage I am trying to stay patient and hoping that Sky will eventually sort all the issues out @DantheSwan 

Like you say and I agree, I wish they would accept more responsibility and that's it's nothing to do with our ISP or network

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@Super+Anthony 

I don't think it's the pucks. They are not the only common factor. In any case, not everyone has the problem so only some pucks would be the root cause. In that case at least some of  those people who have had pucks replaced would have reported it as a cure but they haven't. Also the fact that Virgin Media customers are having the same problem is evidence that it is not Sky pucks causing trouble, unless there is some commonality with the Virgin box, which seems rather unlikely.

My vote goes for a problem farther upstream. However, why should it be us trying to work this out. It's Sky's job.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for continuing to feed back that you are still experiencing problems.

The initial problem was fixed, however we are investigating a problem with the Sky Sports channels in UHD and HD.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We welcome healthy debate from all angles, however can we be mindful of the Community Guidelines please. 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

Hi @KevNewMedia please can you elaborate on what part of the original issue sky claim to have fixed and what they did to fix this and when? 

Posted by a Sky employee

@DuckieBoos wrote:

Hi @KevNewMedia please can you elaborate on what part of the original issue sky claim to have fixed and what they did to fix this and when? 

The original problem impacted many channels, across the entertainment & documentary areas @DuckieBoos 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@DuckieBoos 

What is @KevNewMedia talking about? I haven't had the tv on today yet but I certainly saw pixelation yesterday, not on a sport channel. 

Posted by a Sky employee

@squareeyeschris wrote:

@DuckieBoos 

What is @KevNewMedia talking about? I haven't had the tv on today yet but I certainly saw pixelation yesterday, not on a sport channel. 

What other channels are you seeing this on @squareeyeschris?

Can you provide the following, please:

• Channel?
  • Content name?
  • Date and time that you've experienced the issue?
Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

On a positive note though, the blue screen please wait seems to have been fixed. Apologies I know this is different to the pixelation issues. Is anyone able to confirm on this from Sky @KevNewMedia. Also as per earlier message can you clarify what has been fixed as I still had constant pixelation issues yesterday on all the sports channels

This message was authored by Ant181 This message was authored by: Ant181

Tell you what . There's alot to be said about having a dish. This IPTV is absolutely not ready in my opinion. Had the puck for 6months and not impressed at all.

Posted by a Sky employee

@Super+Anthony wrote:

On a positive note though, the blue screen please wait seems to have been fixed. Apologies I know this is different to the pixelation issues. Is anyone able to confirm on this from Sky @KevNewMedia. Also as per earlier message can you clarify what has been fixed as I still had constant pixelation issues yesterday on all the sports channels

We don't give information about what fixes are implemented I'm afraid @Super+Anthony 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
squareeyeschris
Topic Author

@KevNewMedia 

Don't start this all over again. Suffice to say that as of yesterday I still had what you refer to as "the original problem" You have been asked when this is supposed to have been fixed. I think we should be told.

Thank you @KevNewMedia Out of interest, is there a reason for that? It would be valuable to know what was fixed as the problem is still occurring.

This message was authored by Bazlowski This message was authored by: Bazlowski

Thanks for the update Kev. 
Yes, pixelation on the Sky Sports channels is definitely what I am experiencing.  Hopefully fixed soon.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion