Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by Ant181 This message was authored by: Ant181

Re: Sky Stream intermitently pixelating

No harm in trying .

South Leicestershire here with the pixelated problem 

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@squareeyeschris wrote:

It does look like a problem with Sky's distribution so I've been wondering how it's possible for some people to have this problem and some not.. 

Back on post 52 @Hunter2660 said:

"So why do some have issues and some don't? Is it local problems with wi-fi? Actually do Sky have numerous servers around the UK or one central server? Could that be an issue if there are more than one server? Beats me."

I know nothing about Sky's distribution but could that be an explanation? None of us receive the stream directly from a central server do we?  Maybe there is a geographic connection between people experiencing pixelation? Some kind of fault in equipment downstream of Sky's source feed would account for that and Sky wouldn't necessarily see it. Probably not on to ask people to reveal their location but it would be interesting to find out. I expect someone will put me right if this is blx 

Sky's streaming service is just a tiny part of what Comcast call their Global Technology Platform so there's a good chance that Sky's hypothetical central server (or servers) is not even in the UK.

If there are multiple servers, hosting different global services (Xfinity, Stream, Hubbl, etc) all in the one place, with different levels of congestion at different times of the day.... then the service is bound vary.

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

Thanks @Ant181. I should have said I'm down 'yer in Devon. That we are far apart doesn't necessarily mean my theory is wrong but it would appear to make it less likely.

From what @Mister_Dalek a says it looks like we're talking Needle in a Haystack.

This message was authored by FaviousM This message was authored by: FaviousM

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

I've mentioned it a couple of times in the thread but just to add to the location discussion, I'm in Ireland having the issue

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@squareeyeschris It's very possible, given the core sporadic pixilation/geeen tearing issues I see on their entertainment channels tend to be in, before or shortly after the commercial breaks (tho not exclusively) And some of the channels do have regional advertising so are we all watching the same feeds? Though as I've always said blink or look away and some of these core issues could be missed. I too can watch for hours without issue. 

Some of the additional black screen issues people see are most likely the cheap mass produced pucks inability to coexist with everything else in your home such as WiFi , other electrical items near or connected to the tv, the tv itself, the glass table with metal legs in the corner of the room, the internal walls..... and countless other things sky try to blame. Reality being they all coexisted happily together before and it's only their pucks don't work. Point the finger of blame at the pucks Sky and not everything else in my home! 

This message was authored by MohsinMo This message was authored by: MohsinMo

So I ring sky about this after raising the complaint. This agent goes "oh you're connected on WiFi " I am like no it's been on ethernet since last night and even before that it has been on ethernet , I connected it on WiFi to check if it resolved pixelation. Anyway , basically it's my internet apparently, no acknowledgement of pixelation for sky stream users , oh it's just on sky plus with sky q customers as I just get affected on UHD sports so it's my internet . Make sense of that , no acknowledgement or effort on their end . After 10 odd years with them now I have no choice to leave. Well done sky , good riddance , half the price with now tv

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@MohsinMo that sounds about right from them. Same old script. "You are the only one" "It's not a known issue" blah blah blah. Awful customer service. They treat their customers like fools. 

@DuckieBoos honestly mate so annoyed , that agent literally made the decision for me to leave sky. I was willing to give them a chance maybe they might fix in an update or patch or something but now I am hell bent on leaving. I've had sky glass as well for 2 years on the same internet without any issues so I have no clue what that agent was on about , utter nonsense , only got this stream cz got a new oled TV and giving sky glass away to a family member and that had terrible vertical banding too. Agent seemed disinterested, absolutely shocking service

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Will be interesting to hear what broadband providers people are on and whether it's one or different ones

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@Super+Anthony 

My ISP? Sky 

@Super+Anthony I don't think it's the broadband provider though mate , I am with Brsk on 1gb fibre but I've had that for sky glass for around 8 odd months at least with no issues but as soon as I got on sky stream which was around a month back , this starts happening , for me pixelation i started noticing a week or so back , was fine before then so cant be the broadband surely. I am pretty positive it's sky's issue at their end , has to be or their sky stream puck hardware

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

It's useful to know we are all with different providers as it therefore supports the fact that the issue is with the Sky puck as this is the common denominator in all this. I am with Hyperoptic 

I agree 110% @MohsinMo Sky just need to fix it and then we can all be happy

Have had yet more pixelation during the tennis tonight

There you go folks , https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Sky-Sports-UHD/td-p/5557865

It's not us losing our minds on this. Virgin media stream customers having the exact same issue so it's 100 percent broadcast issue. But hey "it's out internet" according to sky . Unbelievable 

To make it worse , this is happening on their boxes and they rewind it and find the same glitches so 100 percent broadcast issue. They are tagging in there this topic and sky community posts . One of their users mentioned the pics posted some of them are identical go what's posted here . But according to sky and some esteemed users here " it must be our internet " lol , wow

It's pretty obvious the issues are with Sky. We have proved it as we all on different broadband providers. There is only one thing in common and it's the Sky puck 

Sky just need to fix it and update what is required 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion