Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

@Super+Anthony Have you considered going back to Sky Q?

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Bazlowski This message was authored by: Bazlowski

We can categorically say it isn't our setups. It's already been proven in this thread that a few saw the same picture break ups at the same time. I also am only experiencing it on the sky branded channels. It is definitely at source. Trust.

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

if it was a issue at source surely the problem would be universal?

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

If the issue wasn't at source then surely ppl wouldn't be seeing exactly the same thing.

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@Bazlowski @Jason+Golding Like I've already said if you look further back in this thread you will see that we watched a channel together and ALL saw the same issues. Put down your phones and laptops, watch the TV SCREEN without other distractions for long enough and I'm confident you will see these issues too!

@DuckieBoos @If it was at source I would have seen it too.  I didn't. No need for rudeness please. We are only paying customers, I have no loyalty to Sky. I am simply being honest 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

You seem to be a lone voice flying the flag for Sky on this thread. I'm glad for you that you're not experiencing it. But the 200+ posts on this topic suggest otherwise. Like the poster has above said. Many people have seen the same thing even though you haven't.

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@Jason+Golding  I wasn't trying to be rude I was merely updating you with previous posts on this forum.  How do you think you make me and others feel with your denial posts. Unhelpful. 

This message was authored by Ant181 This message was authored by: Ant181

I have sky stream via puck and having the same pixelating issues since Friday .

Happening on all channels every 15mins or so.

Definitely a sky problem 

What that email address you can complain about picture quality ?

This message was authored by Ant181 This message was authored by: Ant181

ViewerR@sky.uk

Is the email if everyone sends them the problems 

This message was authored by MohsinMo This message was authored by: MohsinMo

I might be losing the plot but I've put the sky stream box where the standby button is on top , I had the other way around before and been watching us open on UHD main even and it hasn't pixelated for the last half an hour since me doing it. Normally it pixelated in like 5 , 10 mins at least once . Maybe something to do with heat and now it's getting air lol . Don't know 

This message was authored by MohsinMo This message was authored by: MohsinMo

I am losing the plot , it just pixelated . Lol

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

No because it's a hassle. Apparently I would have to end my account, then not have Sky for a couple of days, and then start again. I think this is absurd. Also stream is better though @Jason+Golding 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@Jason+Golding The box does not work well for a lot of people. Sky need to fix, this is the simple answer. 

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

Re: Sky Stream intermitently pixelating

It does look like a problem with Sky's distribution so I've been wondering how it's possible for some people to have this problem and some not.. 

Back on post 52 @Hunter2660 said:

"So why do some have issues and some don't? Is it local problems with wi-fi? Actually do Sky have numerous servers around the UK or one central server? Could that be an issue if there are more than one server? Beats me."

I know nothing about Sky's distribution but could that be an explanation? None of us receive the stream directly from a central server do we?  Maybe there is a geographic connection between people experiencing pixelation? Some kind of fault in equipment downstream of Sky's source feed would account for that and Sky wouldn't necessarily see it. Probably not on to ask people to reveal their location but it would be interesting to find out. I expect someone will put me right if this is blx 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion