Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Sky Stream intermitently pixelating

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Just had another one on the cricket on Sky sports main event. Sorry didn't manage to pause it or take a photo. I know that's not helpful, but like I said earlier I have sent lots of photos on emails and it doesn't make any difference at this stage. What we need Sky to do is simply a software update. This will then surely fix the many issues and it will clear everything up with regards pixelation / crashing and pausing of the puck etc 

It may need more than a software update. If the hardware simply can't cope with how the stream is being delivered then Sky need to do some serious tweaking to their entire server infrastructure. Remember, the puck is just a simple slave device, there's only so much that the software can do. 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

True @Mister_Dalek generally though Sky need to sort the issue?

This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

I'll provide more timestamps soon as I am watching the Villa v Arsenal game on UHD and can guarantee it happens in that match too 

Will post the times after match 

This message was authored by FaviousM This message was authored by: FaviousM

Didn't even make it til kickoff before seeing a couple, I didn't get the one before this (during the team lineups) as the record feature bugged out. But got this one

This was on 401 btw

streamglitch1.png

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

It's done it twice already for me. One before game kicked off and then around 7.30 minutes into game. On channel 401. Did it again 12/13 minute 

This message was authored by Hunter2660 This message was authored by: Hunter2660

Would be interesting if the streams on Now were having the identical issues.

I suspect not. The streams via Skysports.com (which seem to use essentially the same software/player as Now) don't have glitches when Sky Stream does, I tested that last night

Though those streams are 720p I think, maybe the new 4K stuff on Now has the same issues

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@FaviousM 

@Super+Anthony 

I could not replicate either of those,  from rewinding the channel  as I've been watching the match or doing a watch from start on another puck.

Still, keep them coming. Hopefully it will help.

As for TNT, for this exercise can we not report that for this exercise,, I do not have that channel, but let's for now just keep it to Sky Sports and Sky owned linear channels (like Sky Witness, Sci-fi and the like).

I will mention some similar TNT issues though to Sky.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Here's 3 more, there was another within maybe a minute of the third example here but for it (and a few earlier in the day) the rewind function seems to have bugged out when I've tried to pause and rewind those glitches

That should be enough from me for now

streamglitch2.pngstreamglitch3.pngstreamglitch4.png

This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

Ok so this is as bad as I can ever remember it being, absolutely atrocious .

All in game times and believe it or not I missed two others as well

Some info to add, for all 4 examples I posted images for. If I use Watch From Start, all the glitches reoccur at the same spots. 

Interestingly, they all also seem to cause 5/10 seconds where the box stops responding to commands

Can we also add that it's not just pixelated issues but Sky need to sort the freezing and restarting of the puck plus the slowness of the home page. I am sure all these issues fall under probably an update being needed from Sky asap

Another pixelated between 45-46 minutes 

This message was authored by Dshepherd This message was authored by: Dshepherd

Problems with sky cricket

Watching the Sri Lanka test we are seeing intermittent pixelation. This has been fine all day but is persistent now. No other channel is showing issues.. 

many thanks 

david

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Can we also add that it's not just pixelated issues but Sky need to sort the freezing and restarting of the puck plus the slowness of the home page. I am sure all these issues fall under probably an update being needed from Sky asap 

Can those please be reported in their own threads on here if there are any and keep this around the pixelating issue.

By the way, Q30 has some fixes coming up.

Just fixes is all we have been told, Sky do not detail specifically what has been fixed, unless it's a more focussed one like Q30 has some lipsync  fixes, which we were made aware of for Q30.
Plus  a new feature for Q30, the live sync button option.

Q30 has already gone out to a small subset of random customers and if all goes well Im sure Sky will send it out to more soon.

Thanks by the way for your pixelating observation earlier, very useful, if you notice any more, a text description here is welcome.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Thanks guys.

@FaviousM 

I saw the 12:43 on rewind.

Not seeing  the other two.

But notice the 38 has been seen by @DantheSwan 

Dan

Thanks, I'm working through yours.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion