Discussion topic: No reception

This message was authored by Mealeys This message was authored by: Mealeys

No reception

I have two boxes one in the lounge and one in the games room. It won't connect and keeps dropping off when we try and watch. I have turned off and disconnected but still not working. Also I have no Internet in the loft either. 
I transferred from virgin because of cost to sky but their internet reception was brilliant I never had a problem so I'm gutted that sky is so awful. 
I work from home and rely on a good internet so please advise 

All Replies

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

Re: No reception

@Mealeys It's not so much Sky Broadband...........it's the terrible router they provide especially if you're connecting by WiFi. 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Mealeys wrote:

I have two boxes one in the lounge and one in the games room. It won't connect and keeps dropping off when we try and watch. I have turned off and disconnected but still not working. Also I have no Internet in the loft either. 
I transferred from virgin because of cost to sky but their internet reception was brilliant I never had a problem so I'm gutted that sky is so awful. 
I work from home and rely on a good internet so please advise 

Fast and stable broadband is crucial for Sky Stream pucks to function with any sort of reliability. 

It's up to the customer to ensure that they have any additional hardware to ensure that their broadband connection can be distributed to whatever room they wish to have a Stream puck in. No two households are the same so Sky simply cannot guarantee that their own broadband will reach to every nook and cranny for every single customer. 

You could purchase a WiFi mesh adaptor kit or powerline adapters to try and feed your broadband signal around your home but whatever you choose you will have to pay for it yourself.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mealeys 

Unlike with Sky Q, Sky doesn't offer boosters to solve Glass/Stream issues.

Sky loans wireless booster hardware free under the terms of the 'WiFi Guarantee' element of 'Broadband Boost' and the 'Enhanced Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' part of the 'WiFi Max' subscription supplement: they don't otherwise provide or sell them except to resolve issues with Sky Q. Inevitably some have leaked onto a certain auction site, but Sky won't offer support with using these. 

Confusingly the 'Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' doesn't actually provide booster hardware, and is essentially a sales lead generator for the supplements mentioned above.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion