Discussion topic: Please wait - blue screen

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Please wait - blue screen

Hi all

Love stream - an upgrade from Sky q.

Quick question, every time I open up stream for the first time each day, I keep getting blue screen saying please wait

Sky have been very helpful and told me this shouldn't happen. Does anyone else get this?

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Please wait - blue screen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony if you press the home button when the "please wait" message is shown is that forcing it to then load the Home Screen?

I've seen this in the past (rarely) and when I press the home button again it all loads as expected.

Hopefully Sky can get to the bottom of it for you, or at least send a replacement puck and see if that helps.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Hi @Super+Anthony it's worth checking that networked standby more is set to ON and overnight power saving mode is set to OFF in the settings.

The puck can take a few minutes to wake up after it's been in standby and for successfully connect to the internet. Having the settings set this way should significantly speed that up, I know it worked for me.

NOT a Sky Employee

Super+Anthony
Topic Author
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I do have it on those settings, thank you @MarkGoldsmith 

Sky are being very helpful and looking into the issue. It can take around 10 mins to clear the screen and get to the home menu. Hopefully they can fix it

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I do have it on those settings, thank you @MarkGoldsmith 

Sky are being very helpful and looking into the issue. It can take around 10 mins to clear the screen and get to the home menu. Hopefully they can fix it

Ten minutes sounds a long to me for it to connect up from standby.
Are you seeing the not connected logo on screen, where for a brief time its not finding your internet connection or just the words 'please wait' ?

Not seen this on either of my pucks in the three months I have had it. One puck is on ethernet, the main lounge one on wifi.
I do have the network standby set to ON and overnight standby OFF.

Might be worth doing a power reset of the puck, leaving off power for about 30 seconds.
Its seen as a good ploy to do this once a week for each puck, just to reset any cache etc. 

I tend to do this once a week power reset for all my similar devices, like Smart TVs Chromecast, Roku etc.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Super+Anthony
Topic Author

Thanks @lettice i have done all that. Don't worry, will just wait to hear back from Sky. It's just saying please wait bottom left corner

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

@Super+Anthony if you press the home button when the "please wait" message is shown is that forcing it to then load the Home Screen?

I've seen this in the past (rarely) and when I press the home button again it all loads as expected.

Hopefully Sky can get to the bottom of it for you, or at least send a replacement puck and see if that helps.

NOT a Sky Employee

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

No nothing happens and it only happens like this the first time I start it in the day. I love stream though, better than Q

I have emailed Sky and have spoken to them on this and they been very helpful. I hope they can send me a new one

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

@MarkGoldsmith I spoke to a helpful individual and even though it's happened daily, I need to monitor it for another week. It was mentioned that everything is running properly!!

Super+Anthony
Topic Author

@MarkGoldsmith Thank you for the advice. Yes that worked this morning. As you mentioned I just pressed the home button twice. But is this not good for the system if it's trying to do an update or something?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion