Discussion topic: New user - help please - why can I not watch Monday's Mr Bates?

This message was authored by Shugwood This message was authored by: Shugwood

New user - help please - why can I not watch Monday's Mr Bates?

We've just got Sky Streaming and are finding our way around it. Yesterday I was able to go to the Guide and add BBC1 Tourist to my Playlist. I attempted the same thing with ITV's Mr Bates v. the Post Office  but, though I added the series, it hasn't appeared on Playlist nor is it listed on the ITVX app. Is this normal or a problem?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: New user - help please - why can I not watch Monday's Mr Bates?

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning all,

I have looked at Mr Bates vs The Post Office and the app seems to be showing subtitles fine today.

If issues are still on going I recommend double checking you have subtitles enabled in the ITVX app itself.

This is done whilst an episode is playing by using the arrow keys to navigate down to the option for subtitles and enabling it.   Subtitles should play immediately after this.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shugwood @That's indeed strange as it is available.

one thing to try first is to turn the puck off at the plug for 30 seconds to reboot it.

if that doesn't work then press and hold the microphone button on the remote and say "mr bates va the post office" and the show will come right up in the search result and you will be able to press the watch button and it will immediately open ITV X and take you to the first episode.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Shugwood
Topic Author
This message was authored by Shugwood This message was authored by: Shugwood

Thank you Mark, switching on and off worked fine - should have tried it.

Can you tell me why we can't get subtitles even though it says "subtitles on"?

This message was authored by Brumboy This message was authored by: Brumboy

I'm watching after downloading and have no subtitles either.

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning all,

I have looked at Mr Bates vs The Post Office and the app seems to be showing subtitles fine today.

If issues are still on going I recommend double checking you have subtitles enabled in the ITVX app itself.

This is done whilst an episode is playing by using the arrow keys to navigate down to the option for subtitles and enabling it.   Subtitles should play immediately after this.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Akkanta This message was authored by: Akkanta

I've also downloaded Mr Bates vs the Post Office and it says subtitles are unavailable.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion