Discussion topic: Netflix on sky stream not loading

This message was authored by Clifton+house This message was authored by: Clifton+house

Netflix on sky stream not loading

After receiving our sky stream a few days go I'm still struggling to get things working..

Netflix is the main one which is stuck on loading at 20%.. 

I've tried restarting but no change.??

Anybody managed to find a solution?

All Replies

This message was authored by mrmaitai This message was authored by: mrmaitai

Re: Netflix on sky stream not loading

Same here. Im here on the forums myself to check for any solutions.

What an utter complete waste of money to watch a red circle and 20%.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Yeah, it's not great is it? 
All I can suggest is trying a refresh of the apps. If that doesn't work give Sky a call or lodge an official complaint on the website. You're more likely to get compensated that way. 

This message was authored by DTIDoug This message was authored by: DTIDoug

Same issue here. I've been having to use Netflix through my TV instead of through the Stream Puck, so it's just a black Puck sitting under my TV now! Not very happy and trying to find support for this is pretty hard!

Just had to get a new remote as the Puck crashed and had a meltdown! Fixed the remote issue, but didnt' resolve this which seems to be an intermittent problem!

Think Sky need to start reading their forums and responding to people!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Clifton+houseThis is a known issue that Sky are working to resolve with Netflix.  The fix is likely to be part of a future update.

In the meantime the following is a work around which works for me. Exit Netflix and go to a live broadcast (I usually go to BBC1) for just a few seconds and then return to Netflix.  This should nudge Netflix back to life.

I find this works with other Apps as well if they get stuck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by adwarduk This message was authored by: adwarduk

@Clifton+house the other workaround is to go into the nextflix setting menu in the app and do the 'reload Netflix' option.  Occasionally it doesn't reload so you have to click the icon again to relaunch it.  Agree it's very annoying though. 

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏
This message was authored by djsimmz This message was authored by: djsimmz

It's a bug on the app. If you watch Netflix at some point then don't exit out of it (bottom right hand corner) after pressing back arrow, then next time you go to watch it will either load mega slow and just crash or get stuck on 20%. 

So for now, just exit out the app and it will work fine next time you use it. Annoying I know, but it's a work around. 

Hopefully Sky will read this and fix the app as Netflix is the most buggy out of all of them and probably used the most. They need to fix this and the Dolby Vision bug that I've raised. 

This message was authored by Bifta23 This message was authored by: Bifta23

I have exactly the same issue,  and its a real pain. Does anyone know if anyone from Sky read these ? and even better reply to us ?

This message was authored by Chlo94 This message was authored by: Chlo94

Hi, I'm having this issue now also. 

Only had sky stream a few weeks, has anyone managed to get a fix for this ? 

is it worth going to sky to log as I struggled to get my stream set up in the first place 🙄

Clifton+house
Topic Author
This message was authored by Clifton+house This message was authored by: Clifton+house

The only workaround I eventually found was to use Netflix on Smart TV, rather than Netflix through the Sky 

This message was authored by DTIDoug This message was authored by: DTIDoug

I have the same problem sometimes. The workaround I find on another forum post is to click on home go to the live TV and open a live program. Then go straight back to Netflix and somehow it works fine!....Sky need to sort though as it's a pain to do every time!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Clifton+house   Your solution of using  the Netflix App on your smart TV is great and will obviously work without problem but if subscribers are using a standard TV or Sky Glass as in my case then this is not an option.

An alternative workaround for those not using a smart TV can be found at post 5 of this thread 😀.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by DerekNetflix This message was authored by: DerekNetflix

Same here. More often than not it gets to 25% and locks out. Netflix through smart TV works fine and in my old Apple box perfect but sky - total waste of cash and the support is rubbish. I'm calling tomorrow to cancel it all. It's not fit for purpose. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion