Discussion topic: My sky stream constantly cuts out

This message was authored by davidandruthhom This message was authored by: davidandruthhom

My sky stream constantly cuts out

I have absolutely no love for sky at the moment. 'Help' is always far at hand. 

My sky stream in the second room constructs out. 

It does not matter what channel I am watching. The audio and video either bother stop completely or they independently stop withing seconds of eachother.

Either way I am completely missing out on entertainment and the package I am paying for.

Would love to put a video clip on here as instructed in the note above this box but there are no buttons to capture video

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: My sky stream constantly cuts out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @davidandruthhom 

This sounds like it's the WiFi to your puck. They need a strong and stable connection. Consider connecting via ethernet cable or home plugs and turning off WiFi in the puck settings.

The other option is to get a wireless repeater or mesh system for your WiFi. You would need to speak to your ISP for this and see if they offer it.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Hi @davidandruthhom 

This sounds like it's the WiFi to your puck. They need a strong and stable connection. Consider connecting via ethernet cable or home plugs and turning off WiFi in the puck settings.

The other option is to get a wireless repeater or mesh system for your WiFi. You would need to speak to your ISP for this and see if they offer it.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Parsedave This message was authored by: Parsedave

I have the same issue. I have tried all of the suggestions and still get the same behaviour even over ethernet (powerline). 

The main issue here is that I can stream amazon prime and Netflix from the same room over WiFi or Ethernet with no issue

This really points at the network interface of the stream device

I have 150Mbps download speed which is more than enough

If the internet connection were the issue i would see the same with Amazon and Netflix - I don't

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Parsedave wrote:

I have the same issue. I have tried all of the suggestions and still get the same behaviour even over ethernet (powerline). 

The main issue here is that I can stream amazon prime and Netflix from the same room over WiFi or Ethernet with no issue

This really points at the network interface of the stream device

I have 150Mbps download speed which is more than enough

If the internet connection were the issue i would see the same with Amazon and Netflix - I don't

When connected via Ethernet have you ensured the WiFi is disabled in the network settings?

Once the WiFi is disabled the puck should be rebooted as well.

1. Go to Settings
2. Go to System Management
3. Press Select
4. Go to Resets and Updates
5. Press Select
6. Go to Restart Device
7. Press Select.

Note this will take a few minutes to reboot, so expect to see a blank screen for 2 minutes until the Sky logo appears as its starting up.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Parsedave This message was authored by: Parsedave

@MarkGoldsmith 

Yes did all of that

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion