Discussion topic: My puck now comes up as Amstrad on my tv why?

This message was authored by AnniB This message was authored by: AnniB

My puck now comes up as Amstrad on my tv why?

My puck now comes up as Amstrad on my tv instead of Sky why is this!?

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: My puck now comes up as Amstrad on my tv why?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @AnniB 

Do you mean the label on your TV? Sky purchased Amstrad many years ago to bring it's satellite box manufacturing in house, so there is a link between Sky and Amstrad.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
AnniB
Topic Author

No I've only had Sky Glass a year and have an extra puck. When I switched the tv on and chose HDMI 1 it used to come up with Sky as the choice for that but yesterday it changed to Amstrad. It still is Sky but just seemed odd 🤷‍♀️

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AnniB 

That will be the television misapplying a label on detection of a hardware ID coming over HDMI from the Stream puck: as @mikealanr indicates, Sky bought Amstrad nearly 20 years ago, and it's been an in-house manufacturing operation for Sky since 2010.

You could try removing and replacing the HDMI cable at both ends, power cycle both devices, and potentially look for a software update to the television.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
AnniB
Topic Author

I'm not confident to do that! I don't actually understand how it's been happily saying Sky and suddenly changed yesterday?! I might contact Sky. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

What model of TV is the puck attached to?

Exiled in HH
AnniB
Topic Author

LG tv fairly new it was fine - well still is - just recognising the puck as Amstrad suddenly instead of Sky 🤷‍♀️ everything working perfectly but I'm just curious to know why the change 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

It is hard to say why it changed without knowing the exact model and what devices were previously attached to the TV😟

It is relarively easy to change the HDMI label ... BUT the way that is done varies with LG TV model😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion